Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am in no way mechanically inclined so i need some help here....i want to get the big mutha thumper comp cams for my 2007 GT, it says that it requires a 2500 stall converter. the ones i am looking at are for a c4 transmission is this correct? can someone guide me on the best way to go about getting the things i need to get these cams installed?

·
Registered
363 Posts
no you dont want to get a stall for a c4 that is an older transmition that came behind 289 302 and 351 and dont have over drive.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Cams are going to be expensive to install. Cams might alter your driveability to the point where you do not like them. Cams without cylinder heads are not going to give their full potential. Cams will need a tune and maybe new springs and or limiters or lockouts. Cams may need a new torque converter. You already have the gears.

What Im getting at is cams are expensive and do not offer a super large gain in power. Cams may need other parts to get their potential.
Just giving you the negatives.

Im sure people with cams will chime in to give you the good things.

Im not against cams just think you could spend the money on other mods. Then again if you need that old school rumpity rump idle cams are the only way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.