Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a message the other day regarding an oil leak in my son's '86 LX with the 3.8. We found out that it's leaking from the oil pan and rear main. Also, the PCV is plugged and there's gunk internally causing internal pressure which is forcing oil up into the air cleaner. I'm having the engine cleaned out as best it can be but I can't afford to have the other leaks fixed. Is there anything I can pour into the engine to seal up the other leaks or should I just keep checking the oil level and filling it as needed? It's a nice little car so I would like to keep it running. As I said before, I'm not a Ford guy so I need all the help I can get from all you Mustang experts. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
only way to truely stop the leak would be to get a upper and lower gasket set and "overhaul" the motor. If you have the time I would recommend draining the oil, and the removing the oil pan and see what the gaskets look like. at the same time you can clean out some of the other problems with the car. Only way to seal up the oil leak would be with some stuff called "quicksteel" couple bucks from parts place. Mix it like putty, and when it starts to get warms put it on a non-moving part...the stuff sets up under water and is resistant to damn near anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.