Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was dickin' around at a friend's today, did a big smokey burnout on a sideroad out by his place. A few hundred yards later we pull on to the main road as per normal, but the tires start spinning like crazy at like 2500 rpm! :shocked: I thought there was a serious problem with the car, it was like driving on ice! Turns out nothing wrong, the tires were just slimy from the burnout.
Note to self: avoid burnout box at track

·
Registered
358 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
Was dickin' around at a friend's today, did a big smokey burnout on a sideroad out by his place. A few hundred yards later we pull on to the main road as per normal, but the tires start spinning like crazy at like 2500 rpm! :shocked: I thought there was a serious problem with the car, it was like driving on ice! Turns out nothing wrong, the tires were just slimy from the burnout.
Note to self: avoid burnout box at track
Ive told people this in the forums more than once.
I guess some people just gotta learn the hard way....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had the same issue at the track. I only did a slight burnout (no room to drive around water box) but with the afternoon heat and the stock tires, it was like coming out of the hole on ice.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Preacher said:
fin1,
Just curious what kind of improvement the Procharger made in your 1/4 mile and/or 0-60 times?
I never ran her stock and only hit the track for the first time this past weekend. I ran 13.1 @ 108 but my 0-60 was crap and resulted in poor ET since I could not hook up at all. My R/T was not great either. The track was hot, slick and slow that day. The procharger puts down more power than the tires can handle and they just spin on hard gear changes. I need to invest in some drag radials. I should be able to easily do 12.3-12.5 if I can hook up.

Most of my issues however were all mine:
1) Poor R/T (I must have fell asleep at the wheel on two of my runs :sleeping: )
2) Spun off the line (dumped too much RPM)
3) Shifted too soon (still learning best shift points)
4) Ran with 32psi, spare tire & jack w/ 1/2 tank of gas

I'm still learning... next time I'll come better prepared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts