Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggest horsepower numbers from a stroker motor

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  stlwagon 
#1 ·
Alright fellas, lets talk about stroker motors for a bit. What would you think the most hp and tq you could get out of a stroker. Please inform us of CI you are refering to. Also lets just talk naturally aspirated for now. Ported heads cams bolt ons etc.

#3 ·
depends if your FI or not :) BBR just pulled 392 on the stock block with Heads, Games, Exhaust and Bolt ons. So they would be pretty high up there with a stroker block

G
#8 ·
Ive heard of a few cars making around 400 rwhp on motor.. a basic stroker motor will add about 50 hp just by stroking it to around 5.0L, now ford has a sweet block that makes the motor around 5.3L. , and possibly larger than that with some work! add some good heads, cams, and some bolt ons. I think we will be seeing close to 500rwhp numbers in the future!!!

#10 ·
I seem to remember stwagon is making 408 or more. Pretty impressive.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Forced induction (FI) has it's place. If you're simply looking for peak hp numbers, then it's an easy choice. A few minor changes, lots of boost, and you're there. Bragging rights galore.

FI is also great on the drag strip. 1/4 mile and a few seconds at a time.

But, if you're running a road course, FI is not a good choice. They can be finicky to tune, and be a little tricky coming out of the corners. Most road racers avoid the FI set ups because of tuning issues. Heat soak is a huge issue. I read a report somewhere on the supercharged Shelby. It got slower every lap because it couldn't control the heat. Of course, if you have a huge budget, you can really make FI work for you. But it's expensive and you have to work at it.

#16 ·
if you're running a road course, FI is not a good choice
There is a road course at the track where my car runs. I can't imagine my car making it around one whole lap without overheating...not to mention the suspension...great for launching...probably useless for turns and corners.

#17 ·
How about a longblock from MMR, lets say a "boss 302" block stroked to 5.3L, forged internals with their stage 2 heads and crower stage 3 cams, longtubes and offroad x pipe, c&l racer cai, steeda delet plates. How much hp do you guys think it would put down?

#19 ·
too bad a build like that would cost so much.

#20 ·
how many cubes is 5.3L?

#22 ·
ok, I try adding it up and came up with 324 so at least I was close. if it was about $4,000 cheaper to build I would be all over it. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.