Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havew a set of Eagle F1 off of a 2008 Corvette that i had given to me and i was wondering if it was possible to put these tires on my 94 Gt without rolling the fenders or doing any mods to the car. I dont have any rims yet, but i am looking to buy some that would be able to take these tires. The tire sizes are in the rear 285 35 19 and the fronts are 245 40 18. I dont even know how good these tires are, but i was looking for ideas cause the the 17 cobra rims on the car now are looking old and they need new tires anyway. Oh by the way the car has stock suspension on it now, but i do have an inch and a half lowering kit but i am not sure that i am going to put them on. Please help me....

·
Registered
354 Posts
yeah man those will fit. i have 285/40 17R in the front and 315/35 17R on the back with little room in back because of with but tuns of hight left, and the front dont rub or anything. i have a stock suspension also but i am going to drop it an inch or 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the car still has stock suspension, but i do have a lowering kit to go on it if i want to. I was just wondering cause the guy at discount told me there was no way i could put these tires on the car?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Has the car been lowered, Im running 285-35-18 and have no problem and mine has been lowered
How wide of a wheel are you running with those tires???

·
Registered
23 Posts
you might be able to clear 19" rears on a stock height car but lowered i'm not so sure. the 18's up front should be totally fine. there is a small amount of people who put 20's on our year mustangs (they look ridiculous i.m.o.) but i know they have all kinds of rubbing problems with the height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know for sure whether or not these will fit, i dont want to buy some rims and then learn that they wont fit on my car?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I've seen 19's on your year car so yes, you can get them on. Just have to find the ones that fit your year which shouldn't be too hard to find. Those F1's are some awesome tires.

·
Registered
59 Posts
here's away to tell jack up the rear and take both tires off and slide the rear tires in place and see what height it would take to run them and u can even get what back space u need to run the tires so they don't rub

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My new question is then what does "offset" mean and is there a certain offset i should be getting? How wide of a rim would I need to put those F1 on The size is: 285 35 19?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Those are very expensive tires. I wouldn't go any bigger than 18s personally. Have you checked the price of 19" wheels? I would sell those bad boys on ebay and you could just about buy a whole set of wheels and tires from Americanmuscle.com Which tires are they? Compare Tire Search Results You need at least a 9.5 inch wide wheel also as per the specs on tirerack. the most popular sizes are a 315/35/17 on a 17x10.5 or a 305/35/18 on an 18x10.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.