Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put a larger tire/wheel on the rear of my car for traction/look purposes. I currently have 17x8 all the way around with 245/45/17. I want to stay with the stock bullitt wheels I have and want a set of bullitt wheels for track use as spares. I want to stay with 17's and it seems the 17x10.5 with the 315/35/17 tire is my best setup is this combo a bolt on deal with no modifications necessary or are there issues I don't know about.

·
Registered
167 Posts
as long as you are only putting th 315s in the back you shouldnt have a problem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are saying yes the 17x10.5 bullitt wheels with the 315/35/17 dr is a bolt on no modification install right.

·
Registered
388 Posts
So you are saying yes the 17x10.5 bullitt wheels with the 315/35/17 dr is a bolt on no modification install right.
Yes, that set-up (backspacing and offset) is designed to work with factory components. People everywhere are doing it. any more than that and you might need to start shimming the wheel out with spacers to keep the tire from hitting the quad shock.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Only thing to check is that the parking brake cable doesn't rub the inside of the tire. I had one that was super close, but I just loosened the bracket, and turned it, and have about 1/2" clearance now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet I appreciate it guys! Where would you all suggest buying the tire wheel combo from like I said I have stock bullitt rims of of an 03-04 so I need them to match. I have been looking at american muscle any other suggestions I am on a tight budget so every nickel counts! Thanks again:D

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I bought mine from American Muscle, and have no complaints. 10.5 Bullitt rears with 315/35's. In fact, my front wheels were curbed and repainted silver and some tiny 215/50's put on it by the previous owner, so I just ordered 2 17x9's for the front, and 275/40's.

You wouldn't believe how many people walk up and can't believe there's that much tire under my car, it's great.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys what about traction with this setup I am going with the nitto dr's what kind of times will this setup hook low 9's low 8's talking about 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would think the Nitto DRs would be fine, or the BFG DRs are good too. You can get wheels from American Muscle or Late Model Restoration. The finish/color may not be an exact match, but should be pretty close if the wheels are from a 03 or 04 GT.

·
Registered
57 Posts
American muscle for rims, but DISCOUNTTIREDIRECT.COM for the tires. by far the cheapest tires i've found on the net... and they offer free shipping.
I got 255/45-17 BFG T/A's for 80 bucks each! they arent exaclty what i was looking for, but for half the price I couldnt argue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.