Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some advice . A massive bird dropped a massive load on my hood yesterday. It was 95 degrees and sunny and I'm afraid the droppings baked into the paint. It sat there for a few hours before I was able to wash it off. I thought i got to it quick enough but when I look at the area on an angle I see a stain on the paint. I've used bug and tar remover and wax but the spot appears to be burned in. The cars only a month old. Am I going to be Able to get the spot/stain out? Can I get some advice or point me to a good thread on the subject?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I don't know what takes it off the best but the birds around here like to use my Kona 5.0 as their personal latrine. Maybe it's the colour?

This should make you chuckle... YouTube - ‪MadTV 2007 - Bird Poop‬‏

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I could use some advice . A massive bird dropped a massive load on my hood yesterday. It was 95 degrees and sunny and I'm afraid the droppings baked into the paint. It sat there for a few hours before I was able to wash it off. I thought i got to it quick enough but when I look at the area on an angle I see a stain on the paint. I've used bug and tar remover and wax but the spot appears to be burned in. The cars only a month old. Am I going to be Able to get the spot/stain out? Can I get some advice or point me to a good thread on the subject?
With your car being brand new I'd have the dealer's bodyshop take a peek... I had a few close calls with my 2009 they pulled out of the fire with either no expense or very little expense and impressive results.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Plenty of good advice here.
http://www.autopia.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1025112

Browse autopia, do what you feel comfortable with as far as fixes. Start small and if the standard stuff does not work I'd recommend taking it to a good paint shop for suggestions.

I have a Kona and used a clay bar to fix blemishes in the paint when I got it from the dealer. It was parked under a tree and had a lot of stuff in the paint.

After you get it fixed recommend you use a good paint sealer to avoid trying times like these.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Good luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are some paint sealant / protectant products out there that might minimize effects of future bombings. They are supposed to go on before the wax. I've been practicing with the Autoglym line of products on the family minivan while waiting for my pony. Applied the super resin polish and the HD wax so far and the paint looks a lot better. There are a couple deep scars from baked in doo-doo that have probably been there for a long time, but may have been avoided if I had put the stuff on early in the life of the vehicle and been more diligent about cleaning it. Best of luck.:wavey

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a black one, and it's my DD so I run into this from time to time. Quick detailer won't work, the stain will stay there. How I get mine out? I just break out the hose pipe and the bucket and give her a good hand wash. I use meguires gold class car wash, and their full "ultimate" line-up. After a wash and dry, no poop stains :)

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Bird crap not taken off within hours burns in pretty good... the acid just kills. Black from some angles just won't look the same anymore. We have it a lot better in Seattle because ther is moisture to keep the craps wet longer. Down south they must crack up and dry into the paint in ms's! I feel for you on the bird crap thing.... wait until a sick big Seagul gets you . I swear there must be 5-7 ounces of black/blue/yellow sh i t that is just zoomed on the heat of the car. If you see kids feeding birds... park somewhere else, never around trees or lights, next to sills. Damn birds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice, video, kind words and sympathy. I have a detailer guy who is pretty good so I'll have him work on it first. If he can't get it then I call my dealer. This car is my DD as well so it's going to get some wear and tear. I just didn't think it would be so soon. Is it too soon to BUFF? I've seen contrasting opinions on how long to wait to wax/buff a new car?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Soak it in some quick detailer and wipe it off with microfiber towel. Keep a bottle in your car if it happens often.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Soak it in some quick detailer and wipe it off with microfiber towel. Keep a bottle in your car if it happens often.
Always keep them in your trunk!

·
Registered
381 Posts
wash the area with some dawn. then lube it and do a clay bar. then use a paint cleaner or wax cleaner, then wash again. if you still see it after that, then it needs to be polished.

depending on how many fillers are layered on your clear coat, sometimes it seems the paint is affected, but in reality its just the wax/sealant/soap fillers that get damaged. but bird poo is really strong and will embed into the clear coat if you have no protection on the top layers.

if it's just a small area, i'd have a local detail-er fix it up and have him seal/wax your car.

I would, but i'm a few states away :)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
This really sucks, I hope you have luck removing it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try the clay bar...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.