Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I stumbled upon this site luckily, nice to meet everyone here. I just got a 2006 black Mustang V6 black top and I am lost on what color double fat racing stripes to put on it. The interior is a charcoal color. It came with white side stripes, so I am thinking white, this way I do not have to replace everything with silver or another color. I searched Google for a white stripped black V6 and or GT , but results were a big 0. (The colors I am considering are Silver, Gold or White double fat stripes) Which one should I choose: ( , I still have a few months before I have this done and I am stuck on a decision. All feedback is appreciated and needed!! : )

Also is it worth buying a supercharger for a V6?
thank you
Illegalstealth

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Hi, I stumbled upon this site luckily, nice to meet everyone here. I just got a 2006 black Mustang V6 black top and I am lost on what color double fat racing stripes to put on it. The interior is a charcoal color. It came with white side stripes, so I am thinking white, this way I do not have to replace everything with silver or another color. I searched Google for a white stripped black V6 and or GT , but results were a big 0. (The colors I am considering are Silver, Gold or White double fat stripes) Which one should I choose: ( , I still have a few months before I have this done and I am stuck on a decision. All feedback is appreciated and needed!! : )

Also is it worth buying a supercharger for a V6?
thank you
Illegalstealth
Welcome to AFM... Play around with the stripe painter. It really helped me. As for the supercharger, I'll let the V6 guys chime in. fishingjts will be able to offer a lot on the subject.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/stripes.htm

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustang Designer

That customizer is amazing, thank you for the quick response :)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have decided to go with White stripes, and I wont get a supercharger, because I did a little reasearch and it voids the warranty on a V6 /cry. 210 horsepower is still a lot faster than my other friends cars so I am happy with it for the time being. Maybe down the road when the warranty is up, I can buy a nice supercharger to go from 0-60 in 7.1 secs to high 5,slow 6's :) For now I am trying to change my cars front to look like a GT with the 2 extra lights, and I will buy a different cap in the back to make it look more GT ish :)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vinyl Stripes

I am going with Vinyl for when I have to sell it later on in years. Vinyl lasts about 4 years from what I have heard. Thank you for all of your help , you made this decesion a much easier one :).

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Hope the vinyls work out for you. I would dig deeper
and check out how the paint looks...plus they last
forever!! I had both on my car and love the paint!!!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After searching for 5 hours on google for an image of a Vinyl white stripes and Painted White stripes on a black convertible gt and V6 years 2005-2007, I have found 0 results. Can someone please help me by explaining the major difference between vinyl and painted stripes, beside the 1 thousand dollar price difference.
Thank you
IllegalStealth

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
After searching for 5 hours on google for an image of a Vinyl white stripes and Painted White stripes on a black convertible gt and V6 years 2005-2007, I have found 0 results. Can someone please help me by explaining the major difference between vinyl and painted stripes, beside the 1 thousand dollar price difference.
Thank you
IllegalStealth
Paint is more durable and won't scratch as easy as the vinyl. I had vinyl before the painted stripes and they held up fine for well over a year. Check out www.graphic-express.com. They sell good quality 3M automotive vinyl products.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Paint will also give you that glass shine!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts