1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm sure if you sent an email or called American Muscle they'd tell you all you need to know. They are very knowledgeable and their customer service is top notch. Plus, you find out everything you need from them, you could order it right away and that way you would pretty much know it's going to fit.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Honestly, I've heard mixed reviews from S197 owners regarding pre-05 wheels. The offsets are much less (i.e. they weren't designed for 05 and up). Some like em, some don't.

Overall, I agree with Clocked...get ahold of AM, let their staff tell you the pros/cons.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, ya just wanted to know would they look life awkward on my car since the offset is 20mm less.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an 09 Mustang GT and I noticed on americanmuscle.com they do not have them for my car. So, my question is, will the 99-04 Black chrome saleen wheels fit my car with the different offset without the use of spacers. I plan to go 275/35-18 Front, 285/35/18 Rear. Here is the link to the set i want to get without spacers if at all possible.

Staggered Black Chrome Saleen Style Wheel & NITTO Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Just did a quick look through of Cruizin Concepts Wholesale, Found a set of Black Chrome staggered 18s with rubber, for about 400 bucks cheaper. Best part is they were designed for an 09! Check it out and let me know what you think. Hope I havent missed something in the question.

05-09 Black S-Style Wheel and NT555 Tire Package

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have them on my car, but I'm not sure what the exact offsets are as they were on the car when I bought it. Mine come right out to the edge of the fender and the tire puts them 1/4" or so past.

I'm thinking they are 99-04 offset, but after looking at some other s197s with this offset, mine don't stick out nearly as much.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
It's kind of a tough call, because some people hate them with spacers, some people don't mind them and some people prefer them that way. You really have to see a set in person, or do some browsing and you'll find someone with good pics that include how far it sticks out from the wheel well.

We can guarantee fitment on any wheel or wheel/tire combination that the offset is meant for that generation (wheels listed for 05-09, tires recommended). Once we start adding spacers, that's when it gets difficult.

Give one of our Mustang Experts a call at the toll free number/hours in my signature and they should be able to assist you and tell you every pro/con.

Keep in mind that we price match our competitors, and offer a nicer product, free same-day shipping, free mounting/balancing, free nitrogen fill and a wheel warranty.

Let me know if you have absolutely any more questions!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMChrisRose is there any chance you could maybe use a test car or something to check if anything hits, I doubt anything will, but I want to be sure. I'm going 18x9 275/40-18 all around.

Thanks, David

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have an 09 Mustang GT and I noticed on americanmuscle.com they do not have them for my car. So, my question is, will the 99-04 Black chrome saleen wheels fit my car with the different offset without the use of spacers. I plan to go 275/35-18 Front, 285/35/18 Rear. Here is the link to the set i want to get without spacers if at all possible.

Staggered Black Chrome Saleen Style Wheel & NITTO Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
check out these , they are cobra r deep dish, but I don't know if they come in the fitment for the 2009 you'd have to call cruizin concepts.

Black Chrome Cobra R Deep Dish Wheel 18X10 (94-04)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just did a quick look through of Cruizin Concepts Wholesale, Found a set of Black Chrome staggered 18s with rubber, for about 400 bucks cheaper. Best part is they were designed for an 09! Check it out and let me know what you think. Hope I havent missed something in the question.

05-09 Black S-Style Wheel and NT555 Tire Package
The reason they 400 bucks cheaper is because they are just the standard black and not the black chrome. Just thought i would throw that out to show why it was cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts