Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else having this problem? my over the top black vinyl racing stripes collect SO MUCHHHHH dust! i park my car outside in my driveway but the vinyl stripes collect an incredible amount of dust on them. i washed my car 2 days ago and now u can wipe ur finger across the vinyl and have a finger SMOTHERED in dust. any way to fix this? it makes my car look so raggedy and uncared for. ruins the entire appearance. some guy on the highway today was like "hey nice car! take care of it a little better". ruined my day. :sadcry

·
Registered
180 Posts
well theres only two things i can say as far as the dust goes, Put a car cover on it when its in the garage, or always carry a clean cloth to wipe it down with. If its only the vinyl stripes, they shouldnt be too bad to wipe off every once in a while. And as far as the idiot who made that comment, you should have blew past him, let him catch up and said "Hey man, nice headlights, they looked fantastic in my rear view!" Flipped him the bird and took off like tom cruise. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well theres only two things i can say as far as the dust goes, Put a car cover on it when its in the garage, or always carry a clean cloth to wipe it down with. If its only the vinyl stripes, they shouldnt be too bad to wipe off every once in a while. And as far as the idiot who made that comment, you should have blew past him, let him catch up and said "Hey man, nice headlights, they looked fantastic in my rear view!" Flipped him the bird and took off like tom cruise. :bigthumbsup
He didn't really do it in a condescending way, but it still hurt. The thing is it's never in my garage, its in my driveway outdoors. I think I'll just put the cover on it regardless because I might as well protect it from the sun and it will probably help the dust stay off as well. As for wiping it off I have been doing so for a while about twice a week now, and thats when it starts looking really bad. It might be that the house next to me is doing construction and maybe dust from it is landing on my car. Either way, ill give her a good wipe and throw on that car cover as soon as I park up and hopefully it will solve this.

·
Registered
345 Posts
At this time of year with trees blooming and all the pollen constantly in
the air, it's impossible to keep the "dust" off, just not gonna happen. I washed mine the other day and 1/2 hour later went out and pollen already. And then again we had a lot of dust in the air from the tornado that blew thru here on Wednesday. I am fortunate that it missed me by a couple miles.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A good car cover saves money on carwashes and keeps the sun from baking the cheap plastic. Why is this in the tech threads ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
in the northeast this time of year its the pollen, nothing much you can do but dust it off and make sure its got a good coat of wax. By the way, its not just on the stripes its everywhere, just more noticable on the stripes. Make sure its a good breathable cover, but no garage you need to cover her up

·
Registered
644 Posts
I couldn't keep the Sterling Greay clean was just as bad as Black. The red is better, oh heck every other day bath any ways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts