Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make a flat black metal grill for the '05 V6? When you look at the stock grille in the sun, it almost is starting to look grey-ish. There are lots of billet grilles around, but I really don't like the look at all...I'd like a good quality black metal grille that would actually look BLACK in the sun...possibly a honeycomb design similar to stock, just metal. Anybody know of one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think I saw one the other day at classicdesignconcepts.com but I can't seem to get back on their website this morning to see if that is where I saw it. I think a black one would look cool too. I like the way the Saleen grille looks and was hoping that I could find something like that to fit my 05.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Street Scene has a new billet grille for the 05 GT (I don't know about the V6) which relocates the fog lights closer together like the old Shelbys and is billet. You can order it in four different finishes and I chose the black powder coated one (which should ship this week). If they don't make one for the V6 you might consider buying a billet grille and then having it powder coated black. Good luck. Here's the URL from where I bought mine from http://www.musclecardirect.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=702&osCsid=61d8d17b4ebecc28addf46701fad5630

·
Registered
49 Posts
jerryII said:
Street Scene has a new billet grille for the 05 GT (I don't know about the V6) which relocates the fog lights closer together like the old Shelbys and is billet. You can order it in four different finishes and I chose the black powder coated one (which should ship this week). If they don't make one for the V6 you might consider buying a billet grille and then having it powder coated black. Good luck. Here's the URL from where I bought mine from http://www.musclecardirect.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=702&osCsid=61d8d17b4ebecc28addf46701fad5630
Hi Jerry,
I just took receipt of a black '06 GT and am very interested in your purchase and installation experience of that '67 Shelbyesque grill. Can you give us some detail on the install, mods necessary, general satisfaction with the product, etc. The website thing was kinda' thin on details and it sounds like you've "been there and done that".
Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts