Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright hey wats up guys let me give you the info. I got a black mustang 05 GT that i got a couple months ago and have babied this car so much. When i got the car it had a grey stripe on the hood with two side ones. the problem is that the previous owners tried to be creative and made sort of a lighting shape stripe on the bottom instead of leaving the stripe to go all the way through. they also left this single piece at the end. i took that off because i got tired of the look and wanted to leave the hood just all black. when i took the bottom piece i waxed of the sticky part. no problem. the only problem is they cut the pieces while the stripe was already on the car instead of cutting before applying it onto the hood so it has a scratch on that part. it will be cut into on the rest of the hood at the edge where i take it off. SO i have a couple of options. I can either repaint the hood all black and got a quote for $350 which is a lot to begin with. or i can get that shelby stripe with the thin lines next to it and either get it all black or go for a black and white mustang look. the problem is that i got black and chrome bullitt rims and i painted the calipers red so right now the color is a bit off because of red with the black and chrome. SO i originally wanted an all black car with the red calipers. I am thinking about doing that getting all black rims and either black stripes on the black hood to cover up the cut part or just painting the hood all black.

what do you guys think?
all black looks good

but when you got a car that looks like this
2005 Black Mustang GT Pictures - Justin '05

it also stands out . that guy has a cool car lol. the double stripes look ok at times but the one i was thinking was this one

White Mustang Super Snake Style Stripe Kit (79-12) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

or this

Black Mustang Super Snake Style Stripe Kit (79-12) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you're thinking of adding black stripes just to cover up the hood I think I'd go with a deep grey. I saw a black 2010 GT500 at a dealer that had the dark grey striping and it looked awesome. Funny thing is the guy who put the red stripes on my 2012 black GT said to me that if were his car he'd have added really dark grey striping so thit it was almost unnoticeable but still visible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the white looks sick in the first picture, but that hood also plays a large role in the look of that car. I would consider looking for a matte black stripe package, which I think the super snake may have had.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I like the idea of painting your hood black... then you can go solid black with the red calipers. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
68 Posts
Matt black or paint your hood...plus getting the stripe PERFECTLY straight is gonna be a HUGE pain in the butt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just thought of something going to a body shop and having them tape off the rest of hood off and removing the stripe and have them paint it flat black like you guys said above. because that does look good its hardly noticeable

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I dont get the whole black stripes on a black car thing so you barely see it. Why bother in the first place then? I know for your personal situation it makes more sense, but I still don't get it. If anything I'd paint the whole hood or go with white, blue, or red stripes.:bigthumbsup

I see an 05-09 stang everyday on the way to work. It's black with red stripes and it looks so freaking good. Personally, I like the white on the black best. But a few more passes and I may like the red better! Just my opinion.

Whatever makes you happy. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
165 Posts
i just thought of something going to a body shop and having them tape off the rest of hood off and removing the stripe and have them paint it flat black like you guys said above. because that does look good its hardly noticeable
I think that would be the best option. Less frustration too with the stripes, setting them yourself is what's keeping me from getting them :shigrin I'll probably go and get the paint done sometime, it's what I would recommend.

Plus flat black on gloss black? Awesome. It's more of a subtle definition than an actual... Bisection? I dunno, but you get my point! I likes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Black on black! I recently just purchased the Super Snake stripes but in flat black and gonna have a shop install them sometime next month. I'll post pics if you haven't made up your mind by then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts