Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
I purchased the gloss black lexan panel that has two adhesive strips of tape on the back...

Looks great!!! Alot of praises from onlookers too...

No problems... (Not Tape either...)

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
discofan said:
I purchased the gloss black lexan panel that has two adhesive strips of tape on the back...

Looks great!!! Alot of praises from onlookers too...

No problems... (Not Tape either...)

Dave
Where did you get that? It looks nice! I a little confused though ... You say two adhesive strips of tape and then at the bottom .. Not tape either. Did you mean you didn't have any problems with the tape either?

·
Registered
140 Posts
That does look good. However, is there an edge to the plastic, and can you see it? And how does it match up to the lid? Can you take a few pics of it close up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine was blacked out by the dealer it's a decal like the stripes. Someday the stripes and the blackout will be paint instead of decal.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Panel

Both my cars have it. Here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Guys,

There is a vendor on "ebay" (forget the mustang parts site name) who sells the lexan blackout panel for about $49.95 plus a small shipping charge...

This piece is very well made and attachs to the rear using two adhesive tape strips, one along the top and one along the bottom of the piece...

Alot of guys use wide black vinyl tape which can be applied easily too but can develop air bubbles if you do it wrong...

It comes down to a "matter of taste and style" -- that's all!!!

I chose the plastic panel over the tape - so my comment "no tape either", refers to using a molded panel and not vinyl tape...

It's a very cool look for any color stang...

Dave ;) ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
No, Jerry,

I think I purchased it from "West Coast Performance Parts"...

They also offer a black out panel including the tail lights for $69.95 but I chose just the panel between the lights...

Dave

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got this one.........

I ordered this one, I know some dont like it, but I do.

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Andretti said:
I like the matt finish of the decal. Here's a pic of mine. Found when applying a lil' heat from a blowdryer helped to work it around curves on panel. Lots of solution gives you more time to work with it too.

Graphic Express Site
Yup, mine looks like that too. :thumbsup

·
Registered
24 Posts
I pre-ordered one also. Not only does it black-out the back, but fills it in also.

·
Registered
559 Posts
How does one clean the honeycombs surface??? With a Q-Tip???

Mine is more of a smooth glossy surface...

Why, you can use it as a mirror and comb your hair looking into it!!!

(Ha-Ha) Great for just before you ring your girlfriend's door bell...

Dave :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
discofan said:
How does one clean the honeycombs surface??? With a Q-Tip???

The same way one cleans the front grill, and lower grill........but I think I'll just ask the wife to clean it:shocked:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Andretti said:
I like the matt finish of the decal. Here's a pic of mine. Found when applying a lil' heat from a blowdryer helped to work it around curves on panel. Lots of solution gives you more time to work with it too.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
867 Posts
I hadn't seen that one before - that matches the older Mach 1 style - pretty cool. RKSport is supposed to have a carbon fiber one but I haven't seen it yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.