Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hello to everyone here in the v6 forum. I've gotten a ton of info from posts here. Can't wait to start modding my 01' yellow v6. :laughlitt

Now to my question ... Anyone know where I can find a plain black, plastic or vinyl "black out panel" for a 2001 stang? I've look all over the web, and the only one that I've found is made to match the front honey comb grill. I'm planning on putting on a grill delete kit, so it wouldn't match.

http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=105050&Category_Code=11b

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did a quick look around the internet and the only thing I could find other than the ones you found are for the 05-06 Mustangs. Depending on what you are going to do to your grill, your best bet may be to buy the unit you found and have it painted to match your grill. You could try having some smoked Plexiglas cut to fit, like the 05-06 piece, but your 01 has a more complex area between your taillights than the new cars do so this might be a problem.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Pyrat said:
I did a quick look around the internet and the only thing I could find other than the ones you found are for the 05-06 Mustangs. Depending on what you are going to do to your grill, your best bet may be to buy the unit you found and have it painted to match your grill. You could try having some smoked Plexiglas cut to fit, like the 05-06 piece, but your 01 has a more complex area between your taillights than the new cars do so this might be a problem.
just shoot it with satin black!

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.