Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . . . I blew a head gasket on the way home from work. Thankfully,the motor didn't get too hot. I was scheduled to have my methanol/water injection, line lock, shift light, and oil breather tank installed tomorrow . . . but . . . the head gasket says otherwise.

I guess its a good excuse to put some decent heads on. At least I have the shop time scheduled. :winks

It'll be nice if they can get it ALL done. . . but that's a tall order for one day. So . . . hmmmmm . . AFRs? . . . Edelbrock? . . . GT40s? . . . . lol

Decisions decisions.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep . . goin with the AFR 185s . . . car is at the shop waiting for the heads as we speak. So, in the next week, doing heads, water/methanol injection, a line lock, and a shift light. Can't wait to get back out to the track!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
truuble said:
Yep . . goin with the AFR 185s . . . car is at the shop waiting for the heads as we speak. So, in the next week, doing heads, water/methanol injection, a line lock, and a shift light. Can't wait to get back out to the track!!:rolleyes:
Are you going to have the heads O-ringed?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My tuner isn't reccommending o rings. He said the best setup is Cometic gaskets. Apparently, they seem to be the best for S/C applications. I specifically asked about the o-rings, because I was interested.

We are doing 1.7 stainless roller rockers and 7/16 studs, though.

These heads will swap onto my 427 small block when I build it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dang, just answered your PM and came into the forums to see what was up, and noticed it was you who blew the head gaskets. You hotrodder! :) Well, good choice on the 185's. Having any port work done. Probably no time right now, since its already scheduled for the shop. What about intake. That stocker intake manifold is going to be weasing with the blower and heads. Its turning out to be a nice combo. Go for an explorer or cobra manifold, or GT40 if you got the dough. That is the best one out there, it has the best all around performance. Some of the high end intakes make more peak, but can't beat the GT40 in the low and mid area. Anyway, glad nothing more serious happened, although, you could have gone and done up a nice stroker motor. Dang! :)

Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might be doing an Expolrer intake .. . but its all temporary. I will be starting on my engine next month. And, since I am doing a 427 small block (bored and stroked 351 block from World Castings) I don't want to spend too much on throw aways. I'll be selling the 185s after the engine swap and upgrading to 205s . . . but its worth it to me to put the 185s on for the next 2-3 months so I can run better times . . .

Still kinda fiddlin with the intake ideas . . . we'll see how she does at the track. Let's put it this way . . I know I'm going to need a roll bar in order to run . . :winks
I'm really excited about the 427 build. World does a 427 crate that's 525 HP . . . but its carbed. I'll be using a lot of the same components for my FI version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.