Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in the 09' Red GT for a 10' Black. Because financially it actually helped me out. It's all black and the seats are saddle colored. I personally want red stripes. But, to go with the interior what would you AFM guys and gals go with?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Silver stripes are very popular on black cars. White stripes look nice and red stripes are hot for sure. But black with gold stripes has been a great combination on muscle cars in the past, and with your sadlle interior I truly think gold stripes would look best on your new car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've always liked the flat black stripe on the black cars. Tough looking! Hard to go wrong matching black and saddle though:bigthumbsup. The gold does sound sweet!

·
Registered
580 Posts
white stripes (gloss)

White would look so nice on black (white gloss 10 3/4 inch) - saddle interior is very neutral.:kooky:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys ! I'm still taking suggestions! I like the black on black idea.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have sandstone stripes on mine. Take a look at my profile pic. I get compliments all the time and how good it looks.

·
Banned
708 Posts
I just traded in the 09' Red GT for a 10' Black. Because financially it actually helped me out. It's all black and the seats are saddle colored. I personally want red stripes. But, to go with the interior what would you AFM guys and gals go with?
That dude joe above me has saddle stone stripes on his car and it looks sweet, thats definately what you should get to match your saddle interior....IMO that would look best....any other color you get won't look right cause of that interior, with the exception of maybe black,but whats the point of doing a stripe if your doing the same color as your car. You won't even see the dam thing(go with saddle or beige,tan of some sort if you want to cordinate)....

·
Registered
152 Posts
That dude joe above me has saddle stone stripes on his car and it looks sweet, thats definately what you should get to match your saddle interior....IMO that would look best....any other color you get won't look right cause of that interior, with the exception of maybe black,but whats the point of doing a stripe if your doing the same color as your car. You won't even see the dam thing(go with saddle or beige,tan of some sort if you want to cordinate)....
Thanks for the kind words; I have the saddle interior as well and the stripes really make the car come together. I remember watching the movie "Gangster" with Denzell Washington; there was a scene where Russell Crowe runs into some "bad cops" and one of the cops has an old mustang with those same colors; that car looked great.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm leaning toward the tan/saddle/gold now. I have a PMS color code chart and I'll find the most comparable to use. I'm getting it dirt cheap because I use to work for a sign shop so I'm just paying for the vinyl and I'm good friends with one of the installers so all in all it'll be about 130-140.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way that's a sexy cobra, cobra. I love that color!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am too! Its hard not to be.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i like gary's idea of gold that could look amazing. otherwise id go matte black, not many people do it, but i love it! very subtle and cool! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
i matched my stripes to the color of my wheels and people love it!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah gold FTW. Not Snoop Dogg gaudy gold but a subtle gold lol. It looks great. I'll post pics invents installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.