Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of those "moments" yesterday...
I went down to the shop to put my new waterpump on. Everything was going very smooth and easy. A little TOO smooth actually. So I get everything back together, the hardest part was getting the hose clamps to go on my lower radiator hose (who'du'thunk?).

So I go to start pouring anti-freeze in the radiator and I start hearing water hitting the ground. Well I'm expecting the worst... I look and see where it's coming from... well, I forgot to put the darn drain plug back in the radiator. :so

I ended up getting covered in coolant trying to get the drain plug back in. In the end my Mustang is back and running again, ready to pound the streets. :D

Rule 1: Don't forget about the drain plug- Failed :nogrinner

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ya: I hate those "moments". Sounded like a good day until you got a nasty bath!!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya: I hate those "moments". Sounded like a good day until you got a nasty bath!!
:laugh:
At least it was fresh, clean coolant rather than the old nasty stuff that WAS in there...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I've done that before, and not only was there coolant and water but there was a whole vile of fluorescent dye. By the time I got the the plug in, more than half of it was on me. I turned my black light on and I light my whole shop up! (okay not really but it was bright)

After I was like, " How the hell did I forget that??"

Its just one of those moments lol:gringreen Gotta love 'em...

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
At least you didn't take out your PCV valve to add a quart of oil, miss the hole with the funnel, and wind up pouring a $7 quart of synthetic down the back of your engine. :so

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least you didn't take out your PCV valve to add a quart of oil, miss the hole with the funnel, and wind up pouring a $7 quart of synthetic down the back of your engine. :so
Ouch...

I remember a few years ago my brother attempted to tune up his mother-in-laws lawnmower. Well he did everything he needed to except for tighten the drain plug. The oil slowly dripped out until she was mowing one day and seized up the engine... :laugh:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
that blows!

But this was us after we finally got the plug back on. I thought I was going to die:laugh:

·
Registered
459 Posts
on my old radiator the weld near the drain plug cracked so when i got my new one it was double welded and insted of one of those cheap plastic drian plugs it had a huge bolt lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
i had my blonde moment when i went to bleed the brake system and forgot to hook up the front right caliper. got brake fluid all over the floor before i realized what was going on. i was not very happy about it but laugh about it now

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had another moment when my dizzy came loose, I pulled the rotor and "cleaned" it a little to make sure it was having solid contact and I put the cap back on and reconnected everything.

Cranking it and its not turning over. I'm like crap, so I adj the dizzy again and still, not turning over. Well after about a half hour messing with this and that....I pulled the cap off and there it wasn't, the rotor....I forgot to put that blasted thing back in.

·
Registered
912 Posts
hey dont feel bad about the quart of synthetic, my brother was changing the oil in his jeep, he went under it drained it, changed the fileter and put in 6 quarts of mobil one. then remembered he had to put the drain plug in 1st. he will never live that down.

·
Registered
547 Posts
back when i worked at a honda dealer i was having a terrible day, i forgot to put the oil filter on two cars, the first one i caught right in my bay the second one i took it out and parked it then saw the oil trail i left, did more cleaning that day then work on cars i think that was better for me that day

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Rule #2 Make sure you remove the Pull bar from the Crank before you start it. That = Demolished Fan Shroud

Dont ask me how I know:headscratch:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At least he finally took a bath.......:gringreen
Hey, anything is better than nothing right? :hihi:

Only for the curious... are you a "Natural Blonde"? :laugh::D
Actually, yes! Whatever little hair I have left (started losing my hair at 16 :so) is a dark blonde.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rule #2 Make sure you remove the Pull bar from the Crank before you start it. That = Demolished Fan Shroud

Dont ask me how I know:headscratch:
:laugh:
Rule #2- FAILED

I bet it only took you once to learn your lesson on that one. :hihi:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts