1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
102 Posts
all that is is an adjustable bypass valve. a bypass valve redirects the extra pressure thats built up when you let off the gas through to the exhaust piping and is usually preffered for the fact that it is quite. if you take the pipe off that would lead to the exhaust than it is a bov and it makes more noise ie- like a tuner car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
a bypass relieves pressure by dumping the pressure in discharge piping to the suction piping, not to the exhaust. superchargers generally have a bypass, but a bov works just as well, if it's tuned for it. bypasses are quieter. my procharger is designed to bypass, but i set mine up to dump to atmos instead of the suction, thus having act like a blow off. my tuner recommended this to reduce intake temps. it is loud, but it works fine.

the saab/audi style bov/byp is probably the most popular.
eBay Motors: AUDI TT OEM BOV BLOW OFF DIVERTER VALVE 06A145710N (item 290216158963 end time Mar-27-08 14:46:51 PDT)
that's the actual oem part, though there's many people selling knock-offs that work just as well.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do i have to do different in my tune for a bov. Im haveing a custom chip made for my car so will they know what to do if i tell them i switched to a bov instead of the bypass valve

thanks Bob

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry to beat a dead horse here, but i was lookim for a bov or bp valve for my new supercharger and i found that some poeple say that u have to run a bypass valve on a maf system and if it dont u can run a bov is this true? does anyone have any input on this for me

Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I run a blow off valve on my vortech setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.