1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
145 Posts
Johnny did you purchase one of Blow By's kits i saw they ha don their web page or everythign individually? How much did this set you back?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Johnstone610 said:
Johnny did you purchase one of Blow By's kits i saw they ha don their web page or everythign individually? How much did this set you back?
the kit on my car was the prototype kit. mine was free. :winks

but yeah, on the site, they should have both the whole kit and individual peices. B/c they sell them both ways.

·
Registered
110 Posts
those #'s are insane!!! I had pretty much the same thing (exception of heads and cam) and I dynoed 286rwhp, that's like +100hp!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
you do that off stock injectors?!!??!?!?!??!?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2k5stang said:
you do that off stock injectors?!!??!?!?!??!?
yes, with stock injectors! :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Those numbers are at the wheels, right? Did you use stock springs, etc? Does the kit come complete with valves?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tricali said:
Those numbers are at the wheels, right? Did you use stock springs, etc? Does the kit come complete with valves?
yes, it came complete w/ ferrea valves.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
R3dF1r3 said:
Dammit Johhny,

I want a vid of you getting an ET now, it will look supah hawt with the LNR getting 12's...
12's?

the car will be lucky to see 13's :kooky:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
There is many ways to dyno.... also (as asked above) is that on the wheels or calculated at the crank? They seem to be saying they need NOS and a SC to reach 400 on the wheels...?? Must be a typo! But makes me think (more sure now) that the 384 is at the crank...?!? 330-340 RWHP?

I'll have pretty much the same set up in a few weeks (Fox Lake P&P heads) less the cams and headers... it's going to be interesting to see!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kj_cinci said:
There is many ways to dyno.... also (as asked above) is that on the wheels or calculated at the crank? They seem to be saying they need NOS and a SC to reach 400 on the wheels...?? Must be a typo! But makes me think (more sure now) that the 384 is at the crank...?!? 330-340 RWHP?

I'll have pretty much the same set up in a few weeks (Fox Lake P&P heads) less the cams and headers... it's going to be interesting to see!
no, that is all Rear Wheel Horse Power.

384 RWHP / 373 RWTQ Naturally Aspirated

G

·
Do these guys know what a dyno measures when you put your REAR WHEELS on them?

Otherwise you must put your engine on a BRAKE dyno stand to get it at crank...

Btw, I see it was a Mustang Dyno, your pushing alot of power there freind, for N/A motor, congrats...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Wow !! That's an hour of my life I DON'T want back!

Nothing against you Johnny, I'm sure you don't run the dyno... I do hope that you'd know and let us know if your block/pistons was messed with and/or they put +100 octane racing fuel in there...!?!

Did they adjust for temp? Maybe SCT has nice cooled facilities..??

The 'angry' Ohi-ian there mentioned Fox Lake... Fox Lake used my heads to set up their program, I just got them back this week, looks awesome. The flow numbers are impressive but not like the BBR ones...?!!? I'm using the stock cams since I'll be putting on a blower days after the heads go on... Johnny, is your lift gonna be okay with addding your blower?

Now to my Q's, and again, I'm NOT flaming Johnny!

Why/How does BBR and M2 Race end up with the EXACT same flow numbers! That is imposible (or very close to), not even in two runs on the same head should that happend!

Why does BBR put in larger valves when there is no room to port the valve seats to let more through? It's like putting a larger lid on a well thinking it can hold more water!

I was in conntact with BBR but thay were allready sponsoring someone, Johnny I'd guess... and I had been told that i WANT Fox Lake to do my heads... and now they did. It is going to be very interesting to see what numbers we can achieve with pretty much the same set-up...

BTW, my heads are ported and polished and I also added some better and MUCH stronger forged Inconel valves and springs... I'll let you all know how it works out!

G

·
kj_cinci said:
Wow !! That's an hour of my life I DON'T want back!

Nothing against you Johnny, I'm sure you don't run the dyno... I do hope that you'd know and let us know if your block/pistons was messed with and/or they put +100 octane racing fuel in there...!?!

Did they adjust for temp? Maybe SCT has nice cooled facilities..??

The 'angry' Ohi-ian there mentioned Fox Lake... Fox Lake used my heads to set up their program, I just got them back this week, looks awesome. The flow numbers are impressive but not like the BBR ones...?!!? I'm using the stock cams since I'll be putting on a blower days after the heads go on... Johnny, is your lift gonna be okay with addding your blower?

Why/How does BBR and M2 Race end up with the EXACT same flow numbers! That is imposible (or very close to), not even in two runs on the same head should that happend!

Why does BBR put in larger valves when there is no room to port the valve seats to let more through? It's like putting a larger lid on a well thinking it can hold more water!

I was in conntact with BBR but thay were allready sponsoring someone, Johnny I'd guess... and I had been told that i WANT Fox Lake to do my heads... and now they did. It is going to be very interesting to see what numbers we can achieve with pretty much the same set-up...

BTW, my heads are ported and polished and I also added some better and MUCH stronger forged Inconel valves and springs... I'll let you all know how it works out!
I too am intersted in the head job. KJ can you give us a bit more info on your mod?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
I too am intersted in the head job. KJ can you give us a bit more info on your mod?
I don't have all the info... it's a bit hush hush as there will be a magazine article about my heads...

I called Ron at Fox Lake today for some info for you guys...

Peak lift with the stock cams is .500, flows there was; intake 265 cfm and I'll have to get back with you on the exhaust number... He said 210 and that can't be right... :sterb:

I went with stock cams and the forged internals for future mods (17 PSI boost, etc.) With cams and a .550 or even .600 lift you can expect quite a jump!

The P&P work alone is $1200. Then if you want the guides, seals etc. needed for assembly add $300, and assembly itself ~$100... He said just over $1500 for a complete job...

The Ferrea Inconel Kit I got is quite expensive, $1500 more! It is a complete hardened/forged set of valves, springs, guides, etc., all you need to make your heads 'bullet proof', should be good for revs up to 10K I've been told! :happyhapp

Fox Lake is as you probably know very well known and respected in the racing/modding world, or the US part of it at least... :winks You can check them out at http://www.foxlakeracing.com/ Ron (owner) also said that I should tell you all with questions to call him personally at (330) 682-8800...

He also said that NOTHING is impossible regarding the BBR debaucle... so hopefully we'll have some independent testing, all is fair and square and Johnny and BBR will show us all douptfull off! :worship

I'll be happy to try to answer Q's or find an answer... If you're interested in the set up call Ron...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kj_cinci said:

M2 did the original port work. BBR had an exclusive with them for some amount of time. That time is over, so M2 offers the same heads now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts