1 - 11 of 36 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Johnstone610 said:
Johnny did you purchase one of Blow By's kits i saw they ha don their web page or everythign individually? How much did this set you back?
the kit on my car was the prototype kit. mine was free. :winks

but yeah, on the site, they should have both the whole kit and individual peices. B/c they sell them both ways.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2k5stang said:
you do that off stock injectors?!!??!?!?!??!?
yes, with stock injectors! :)

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tricali said:
Those numbers are at the wheels, right? Did you use stock springs, etc? Does the kit come complete with valves?
yes, it came complete w/ ferrea valves.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
R3dF1r3 said:
Dammit Johhny,

I want a vid of you getting an ET now, it will look supah hawt with the LNR getting 12's...
12's?

the car will be lucky to see 13's :kooky:

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kj_cinci said:
There is many ways to dyno.... also (as asked above) is that on the wheels or calculated at the crank? They seem to be saying they need NOS and a SC to reach 400 on the wheels...?? Must be a typo! But makes me think (more sure now) that the 384 is at the crank...?!? 330-340 RWHP?

I'll have pretty much the same set up in a few weeks (Fox Lake P&P heads) less the cams and headers... it's going to be interesting to see!
no, that is all Rear Wheel Horse Power.

384 RWHP / 373 RWTQ Naturally Aspirated

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kj_cinci said:
Now to my Q's, and again, I'm NOT flaming Johnny!

Why/How does BBR and M2 Race end up with the EXACT same flow numbers! That is imposible (or very close to), not even in two runs on the same head should that happend!

Why does BBR put in larger valves when there is no room to port the valve seats to let more through? It's like putting a larger lid on a well thinking it can hold more water!

I was in conntact with BBR but thay were allready sponsoring someone, Johnny I'd guess... and I had been told that i WANT Fox Lake to do my heads... and now they did. It is going to be very interesting to see what numbers we can achieve with pretty much the same set-up...

BTW, my heads are ported and polished and I also added some better and MUCH stronger forged Inconel valves and springs... I'll let you all know how it works out!
M2 did the original port work. BBR had an exclusive with them for some amount of time. That time is over, so M2 offers the same heads now.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
kj_cinci said:
Cool, thanks, that makes sense and was my guess... I asked both parties back in June or so and nobody answered... hush hush...

Do you have the larger valves? What is the idea for that? They can't have opened up the intake 1mm and the exhaust 2mm...?? No room I'd think...??

How much power is in the cams? 15-20 maybe? The reason I'm asking is so that we'll get an idea were I should be if your numbers holds up... My power adders at that point; CAI, CMDP (ported to match the heads), P&P heads, UD Pulleys, LW flywheel, X-pipe, axle-backs, X-Cal with tunes by Ken at MD. Would be nice (for us both) if I could pull +350... kinda prove your point! :winks
between the cams and the tuning changing the VCT they are supposedly, and I use that word very strongly... SUPPOSEDLY good for 30-40 horsepower. But who freakin knows anymore. I'm so over this crap.
If I was at the freakin dyno setion, I would have video'd the stupid thing so that this whole BS drama crap would have never happened. The big problem is, is that BBR is a small no name company, and they did something right and now one wants to beleive them. But thats good for me I guess, i'll always just a step ahead of everyone else horsepower wise. :laughlitt

But when the car finally gets redyno'd, you'll get your answers I guess. Even though someone will probably throw up the BS flag at that too, saying that I used video editing or something. :sosad:

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
kj_cinci said:
Wow, that is a GREAT gain if it holds true!

No thoughts on the larger valves?
When will you re-dyno? And good luck on that, I hope it comes out the same or better!
sorry, forgot to answer the valve question.

they are the same size valve. They are just ferrea stainless replacement valves. much stronger.

... personally I hope the car proves itself too. I hope that we can even get it dialed in more when we put it back on the dyno so we can make even more power with it and rub it in those fuggers faces even more. LOL

but i'm not jumpping the gun, i'm just a little irritated at the situation... thats all.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i'm glad someone agrees with me.

1 - 11 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.