Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the threads but that only got me a bit more confused.

My heater blower motor does not work at all. It does not even make a sound when turned on. As far as I can tell by looking at the wiring diagram, there is constant power to both motor wires and when the switch activates, it causes resistance (ground) to one of the wires and the motor turns on. Got all of that but it still does not work.

Am I right before I pull the blower motor out?

Second, does anyone have a link for the R&R of the blower motor.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
try this first

check at the blower motor to see if you get voltage to it with the switch on. if so check to see if the motor is grounded if grounded its ground and has voltage it is likely the motor. It could be in the switch or the resistor block. if no voltage at the motor check the switch and check if you have voltage at the switch if not trace it back to the fuse block. if you have voltage out check at the resistor block what year stang is it the photo looks like a 67 or 68. Hope this helps:wavey

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can you find where the motor plugs into the harness? Simply unplug the motor and apply 12 volts directly to the motor to see if it runs. If it does, work backward from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.