Ford Mustang Forum banner

Blower Motor Stopped working?

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  amustangrocks 
#1 ·
I have been having an issue with my 06 V6 mustang. I recently installed an after market part for my Shaker 500 system. Once i installed it and put everything back together, my Blower motor for my AC/Heater has stopped working. I have replaced my resistor and it still does not work. everything looks to be pluged in but i was hoping to see if anyone else has had this problem too, and if so, is there anything i can do to fix it with out taking it into the Dealership and spending over $100 just to get it looked at.

#3 ·
Yeah, I have to agree with mrjimmy. Blower motors and all the other heating a a/c stuff is a pain in the ass to change yourself. I would have the dealer check it out and if it needs replacing, pay to have it done. Dashes on these newer cars are so intricate now adays. It used to be that you just unbolted the blower motor from the engine bay and the whole heater came right out. Not so much anymore.

#4 ·
theres some procedures for diagnosing a blower motor that is inoperative, but it would be impossible to explain.in the owners manual the blower motor 30a fuse is #2. i would check that first off. not sure if this will work, i`m gonna try to take some pics of the tests in the book. here is pinpoint test f1-f9.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.