Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can still use the ram air on a 03-04 mach 1 with any type of supercharger ? preferably a Kenne Bell 2.1L supercharger :headscratch:

·
Registered
544 Posts
you know what, i lied. i think you might be able to use a vortech kinda setup. i would think that pretty much any sendrifugal supercharger would work, but dont quote me on it.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
i have seen a mach 1 on ebay with a positive displacement whipple with the shaker still in place. ill see if it's still for sale so i can get you some more detailed pictures. procharger, vortech, and paxton all make mach 1 applications too. they are just centrifugal superchargers not positive displacement.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No, you can't use the ram air, but why would you want to? You'll have more than enough power with the blower installation. As far as I know, only the centrifigal units and Kenne Bell will allow you to keep the shaker mounted to the motor.

Whipple and Eaton blowers would have to have some type of mounting system fabbed up, or what most people with a Whipple blower do is to mount the shaker scoop directly to the underside of the hood.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You all lie. YES you can have the factory Shaker installed with a Kenne Bell Supercharger. I have a friend that has one and we installed it ourselves.

He does know its not really ram air? It doesn't go into the intake at all.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks Mell0. There were just so many tangents of people saying no it won't to "i think you might be able to use a vortech kinda setup, i would think that pretty much any sendrifugal supercharger would work". He was asking about the Kenne Bell. Do some research before you guys mislead people. I may be a rookie on this forum but i sure know how to google, and have been around mustangs for quite sometime now.

Any questions about a Kenne Bell setup, Call Kenne Bell. They can give you a direct answer over the phone and they have good Tech Support.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
yeah dont worry about man. no hating here:D. and i completely agree with losing the "ram air function". there is no way any type of ram air system could force air into a supercharger harder than it is already sucking the air in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.