Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weak on the way home from work i had a very unpleasent surprise of a deer jumping in front of me on the highway. i hit it doing about 70, smashed in the front passenger fender, bumper, and ruined the radiator. im having problems tracking down another raadiator and im wondering what other cars use the same one thats in our 5.0's
...i was thinking looking in some thunderbirds and crown vics... let me know what you think

thanks,
-Bob

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
LateModelRestoration.com has radiators ranging from $139 to $500 for 79-93 fox bodies. Sorry to hear about your car but happy you are OK.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im looking for another from a junk yard being as i have to get back running as soon as possible to get to work. i cant keep borrowing my friends Probe LOL for various reasons

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
OK. Sorry but Im not sure about what cars have the same radiator. Even if they are the same size you might have to modify the brackets and mounting points to install it.
Cars running the 5.0
Crown Vics
Capri
Lincoln Mark8? One of those thunderbird chasis lincolns
F Series trucks
Broncos
Ford LTD

I might of missed a few. I guess take the old radiator with you and compare.
Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you pull one from a junkyard, I would highly recommend you take it to a radiator shop and have them rod it and flush it and check it for leaks. The one you pull could have been sitting there a while....and full of rust and gunk... This will cost you about a $100 - so it might be worth seriously considering a brand new one out of the box because the cost differential may be trivial...

·
Registered
86 Posts
NEW Radiator

Just buy a new radiator. There is very little chance that you will save time or money putting in an old used radiator. Advance, NAPA, Pep Boys all sell radiators and you can probably get it delivered to the store next day for free. Price, less than $150.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.