Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to the detail shop and dealer and both said they couldnt do any more to remove blue jean mark. not sure now if its just natural wear on the white part.Anyone here have this problem? solution? I was thinking of replacing the bottom seat. Anyone know if its a big job to replace

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not sure what you mean by a blue jean stain. Assume you tried a quality leather cleaner first..I have two suggestions: 1. Use a little GOJO gel hand cleaner and a tootbrush. I use it to remove very tough stains from clothes before washing. GOJO is solvent based (waterless) and easily gets out grease, ink, wine stains, etc. 2. There is a carpet cleaning product made by Folex - you can get it at Lowes or Home Depot in cleaning aisle. I use it to clean just about any kind of stain from carpets, fabric - it really is pretty stupendous stuff IMO and costs about 6.00 for a 32 oz. spray bottle that lasts a long time. Might want to try either first on a hidden spot to be sure no discoloration. I think the GOJO might be a little easier on the leather.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Also if the brush doesn't work go grab a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Its worked on more than just he house many times. Its cheap too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Were the jeans wet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean by a blue jean stain. Assume you tried a quality leather cleaner first..I have two suggestions: 1. Use a little GOJO gel hand cleaner and a tootbrush. I use it to remove very tough stains from clothes before washing. GOJO is solvent based (waterless) and easily gets out grease, ink, wine stains, etc. 2. There is a carpet cleaning product made by Folex - you can get it at Lowes or Home Depot in cleaning aisle. I use it to clean just about any kind of stain from carpets, fabric - it really is pretty stupendous stuff IMO and costs about 6.00 for a 32 oz. spray bottle that lasts a long time. Might want to try either first on a hidden spot to be sure no discoloration. I think the GOJO might be a little easier on the leather.
I wear blue jean almost everyday so i guess the rubbing if the jean has worn on the white stripe. thanks for feedback

·
Registered
617 Posts
I was just thinking about this today. Although I don't have a blue Jean mark, I can already tell the white strip on the seats are going to get dirty really quick. Mine only have little over1k miles and I can already see the difference. Maybe white strip was the wrong choice:(

----------------------------

·
Registered
352 Posts
I seem to remember an article on AutoGeek.net forums about how to remove this type of stain. I'd get into the forum amd do a search. I'd do it myself but that's a PITA on the iPad.

·
Registered
332 Posts
mr clean majic eraser will do it for sure
i use it for my leather in my srx and many other itemsin car and home

·
Registered
28 Posts
I remember my dealer telling me about the rodeo trucks they get that have this problem. Personally I'd take it to the dealer. They should be able to get it out. I'm not sure how often it happens in Jersey, but some of the Houston dealers deal with this all of the time. If you're really stuck I'd call Joe Meyers Ford in Houston. They were the ones that told me about fixing the problem all the time.

BEST OF LUCK!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts