Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I am going to swap out my V6 style spoiler for a GT style spoiler but I was thinking I would get a Black Ebony Clearcoat spoiler to replace the Windveil Blue spoiler. My Mustang came with a black Mustang rocker panel stripe and I have been purposely adding black exterior trim, such as tail light bezels, Fuel Door, license plate frames, and tail light panel. So, I am thinking the contrasting spoiler will look pretty good. Has anyone done anything similar? Any thoughts on my plan? Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rake, those pictures really show how well the black spoiler works with about any other color. that is always the question when you add an appearance mod, will it enhance, detract, or add nothing to the appearance. Your examples show a definite ENHANCE. New Take Off here I come.

·
Registered
261 Posts
here's a Mustang that we had on our used car lot awhile back.

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seals the deal Partsbill, your picture and Rake's picture with the windveil blue and black spoiler look great, especially when combined with the trunk panel blackout. the V6 spoiler, although I understand might actually be aerodynamically more efficient, just looks like crud.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That seals the deal Partsbill, your picture and Rake's picture with the windveil blue and black spoiler look great, especially when combined with the trunk panel blackout. the V6 spoiler, although I understand might actually be aerodynamically more efficient, just looks like crud.
I have a nice black GT spoiler on my white car. I want a nice black V6 spoiler to replace it.

Edit: actually, I have a nice black GT spoiler in a box in the garage, as well. And we're only 45 minutes apart ...

Attachments

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I could trade you my windveil blue V6 spoiler for your Black GT spoiler, your just out the cost of a can of Krylon .........:kooky:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sounds good. Newtakeoff charges too much for shipping, anyway.

I'll PM my cell No. and you can tell me when you'd like to see it/them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
603 Posts
A black chin spoiler (CDC style) might give it a nice balance with the black rear spoiler.

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is on my list, has been for awhile.
I too have been adding black treatments to the stang.
Black wheels are also in the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.