Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

As some of you have seen I was looking to buy a CDC Shaker scoop, as well as some other items for my 06 GT. After searching for the best deal I decided that Blue Oval was by far the least expensive source for the shaker, but had some serious reservations due to the bad press they have been getting on here. I decide to call Stephanie, who has posted here that she is trying to address all the issues with Blue Oval, directly and explain my concerns. I specifically stated that I needed my order ASAP due to a show that I wanted to attend. She assured me that I would not be disapointed with the service, and if I ordered by the end of the day (last Thursday, 6/10) my order would be shipped the same day. I made my final decision based on price, I could get the shaker for between $150-$250 less than any other vendor, which allowed me to use my remaining cash to buy a CDC classic spoiler, chrome tailight trim and sequential tailights. I called Stephanie to place my order and she had already gone and verified that everything I wanted was in stock.
On Monday 6/14 my order arrived, intact, complete and everything is exactly what I wanted. :bigthumbsup Now I just need the time to install it.
Anyway, I had a very positive experience ordering from Blue Oval. I suggest that you give Stephanie a call and tell her you are from this forum before you order.

John

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi everyone,

As some of you have seen I was looking to buy a CDC Shaker scoop, as well as some other items for my 06 GT. I made my final decision based on price, I could get the shaker for between $150-$250 less than any other vendor, which allowed me to use my remaining cash to buy a CDC classic spoiler, chrome tailight trim and sequential tailights. I called Stephanie to place my order and she had already gone and verified that everything I wanted was in stock.
On Monday 6/14 my order arrived, intact, complete and everything is exactly what I wanted. :bigthumbsup
John
Great choice of mods...post some pix when you're done so we can compare notes...here's my version of your work in progress, with the CDC Shaker, Classic Spoiler and aluminum hood with the shaker cut-out...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hi John, Glad to hear of your positive experience ordering from Blue Oval. Thank you for posting to let us know. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Mods once your done :)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Lucky … I got screwed with my one and only order of bogus Baer rotors. It cost me $60 to return them. Maybe they've cleaned house since then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

As some of you have seen I was looking to buy a CDC Shaker scoop, as well as some other items for my 06 GT. After searching for the best deal I decided that Blue Oval was by far the least expensive source for the shaker, but had some serious reservations due to the bad press they have been getting on here. I decide to call Stephanie, who has posted here that she is trying to address all the issues with Blue Oval, directly and explain my concerns. I specifically stated that I needed my order ASAP due to a show that I wanted to attend. She assured me that I would not be disapointed with the service, and if I ordered by the end of the day (last Thursday, 6/10) my order would be shipped the same day. I made my final decision based on price, I could get the shaker for between $150-$250 less than any other vendor, which allowed me to use my remaining cash to buy a CDC classic spoiler, chrome tailight trim and sequential tailights. I called Stephanie to place my order and she had already gone and verified that everything I wanted was in stock.
On Monday 6/14 my order arrived, intact, complete and everything is exactly what I wanted. :bigthumbsup Now I just need the time to install it.
Anyway, I had a very positive experience ordering from Blue Oval. I suggest that you give Stephanie a call and tell her you are from this forum before you order.

John
I apologize for the delayed response but I cannot explain what a pleasure it was doing business with you. I look forward to any future purchases with you. Please keep in touch and let us know all about your car. We would love to hear from you anytime. :gringreen

·
Registered
337 Posts
Son of a...I recently just purchased a shaker from AM. If I could have gotten it for $150-250 cheaper, I would've gotten it from them.

Well, AM has at least provided stuff for me with excellent service and fast shipping. They've been great but I guess I should start looking around for cheaper stuff sometimes...save some money while I still can.

Oh congrats on the purchase and I hope you like it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said, it worked out great for me, I figure I saved $200.00 on the shaker alone, and I got my complete order in 4 days.

As an addition to this subject, I just did what may be the most terrifying modification I've ever done to a car, I cut my hood for the shaker. Normally I measure twice and cut once, this time I must have measured 10 times before I cut. I decided to cut a little small, and that was the correct decision, because the drivers side was perfect, but the passenger side was off. Fortunately I was able to take off a little more and make it perfect, if I had cut full size my driver side would have had a 1/4" gap. I still have to finish the install, I'll post some pics when I'm done.

John

·
Registered
337 Posts
nice. I'm not home with my car...but I really don't think it'd matter much. I'm getting it done professionally for around $250. I figure it's worth it because I probably would mess it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.