Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my gt40p setup is smokin awesome, to be quite honest ive pulled away on a 03 Mach1, 2 new 5.0 stangs, 383 stroker camaro, and a lot of other stuff. My car is amazing with what i have done to it. 306 stock forged pistons stock cam, ported gt40p with 1.9 rev intake and 1.54 rev exhaust, tubular intake, 65mm throttlebody, stock a9l tune, electric fan, underdrives, 373, im pumped at how this stock engine has balls. anyways i have a new issue, maybe an issue that was here all along, im going threw oil quite a bit. probably a quart after 2 weeks of driving hard. i use 15w40 oil in it for a long time which is great. i had my intake off a few times and i knoticed i have quite a bit of oil on top of my valves, well the problem is, when i get on it my car and let off at high rpms it smokes like crazy out the pipes, bad blue, only on decell and goes away when i punch it again. did a compression test and is 150-160 psi all cylinders pretty inbetween that, no offset cylinder. starts great, dont knotice blue smoke when i start it, but i can sorta smell it just cant see it. the gt40p heads were off a 97 explorer with 325000kms when i did the rebuild the machinist said guides look great and port work was excellent. anyways when i picked up the heads and slapped them on my car, i took knotice that it looked like he left the same valve stem seals on it. they are positive stop factory seals with the little ring thingy on it and they had bit of rust still on em, i was like what the fuk, maybe he just used the stock metal cup to seal the new seals? i dont know much about that. so i went back to him and he was like, "ah yah im sure we went with stock replacements, yada yada. but im going to change them to see what happens. im pissed off because i got money into the heads and he might have cheaped out on my seals. i also have an oil separator on pcv system which is picking up oil fast and quite well. any inputs guys????

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
i do not understand why he would tear them apart and not put new seals! makes me question everything else he did and told/sold me!:nono:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Hopefully the new seals cures the problems. Not sure why the machinist would cheap out or maybe he just forgot.

Also make sure the screen and pcv are in good working order.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is usually valve seals, any machine shop with a good rep would put new seals. Could it be rings didn't seat right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts