Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMR front 1.5 and rear 2.0 Love Them !:tongue

Attachments

·
Registered
767 Posts
How about a little detail. Any alignment issues? Did you replace the pan hard bar? What is the overall ride difference?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hawgman said:
How about a little detail. Any alignment issues? Did you replace the pan hard bar? What is the overall ride difference?
I did use the ADJ panhard rod from BMR, because I want to do DD bullits and need it to be close, I go monday for alignment and bought the camber bolts just to be safe. The ride is greatly improved and really not that much firmer considering the drop. I will probably upgrade struts in near future, because this is my daily driver and roads in Big D can suck. The jump and dive is gone and it corners like my boss's SL600 but big holes can hurt ! much more noticeable now and I have to slow down for RR crossings It just feels very Tight , if that makes sense?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you in Texas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
How hard were the rear ones to put on the vert? I've put a set on a coupe but the convertible has 2 extra bars that run underneath the rear differential that the coupe doesn't have,did it effect the install any?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lilxtra said:
How hard were the rear ones to put on the vert? I've put a set on a coupe but the convertible has 2 extra bars that run underneath the rear differential that the coupe doesn't have,did it effect the install any?
You do have to remove them to install the springs, and they are a pain in the Butt

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just curious why you went with the BMR springs and not Eibach like the majority seems to be running with. I am looking at springs for my next mod and have been reviewing what's available.

What convinced you to go with BMR?

·
Registered
767 Posts
06TUNGVERTGT said:
Where are you in Texas?
Same place you are.

Might have answered my question on the ride quality. I rode in a 05 that had Ebiach's on it and after about 50 miles I was ready to get out and walk. The pros did not outweigh the cons with it's current configuration. Don't get me wrong, if he goes ahead and throws down with some adjustable dampners then absolutely. But the way it was, it was just too damn stiff and bumpy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MachOne said:
Just curious why you went with the BMR springs and not Eibach like the majority seems to be running with. I am looking at springs for my next mod and have been reviewing what's available.

What convinced you to go with BMR?
BMR has been around for a while, and they offered 2 different sets and I went with the lowest, they are a new item for BMR so I was taking a chance but I knew the quality would be top notch and it is

·
Registered
102 Posts
Please let us know how the alignment goes tomorrow.

Did you get the camber bolts from BMR?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MachOne said:
Please let us know how the alignment goes tomorrow.

Did you get the camber bolts from BMR?
Got them from O'reilly Auto parts , they are part # 81260 man. is SpecRod
$30.00 a pair

G

·
Well, now i'm torn. My knee-jerk reaction was to go with Eibach Pro's but after visiting the BMR website they have some fantastic looking stuff. The two spring kits are nice and i would consider the lower of the two as well. They're about $30 cheaper than Eibachs as well. What other "mandatory" suspsension mods would need to be done with the 1.5 and 2.0 drop in the kit to keep the suspension in good shape... or would just the lowering springs be ok with no other mods right off the bat?

Just curious... the pics look great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snackmaster said:
Well, now i'm torn. My knee-jerk reaction was to go with Eibach Pro's but after visiting the BMR website they have some fantastic looking stuff. The two spring kits are nice and i would consider the lower of the two as well. They're about $30 cheaper than Eibachs as well. What other "mandatory" suspsension mods would need to be done with the 1.5 and 2.0 drop in the kit to keep the suspension in good shape... or would just the lowering springs be ok with no other mods right off the bat?

Just curious... the pics look great.
I think I will be going with Tokico adj struts in the near future as soon as I can afford them... so if anyone knows the best place to buy them let me know. I also did the BMR Adj Panhard Rod and the girl at the alignment shop told me "Your Rearend is perfect" to which I replied " Thanks for looking " They did have to slot the fronts to get the camber corrected

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
05capepony said:
It's a great look, let us know how the alignment goes.
Alignment went great. The shop advised against using the aftermarket bolts and preferred to slot instead. I was fine with that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Why did the alignment guys not like using the cam bolts. If they slotted the front strut,did they need to pull the strut off to do it? I am planning on dropping mine as well. Got the springs (Ford Racing Springs 1.25Front/1.5Rear) and the camber bolts still need the adjustable panhard bar. Did they need to adjust the rear tracking? Thanks and your car looks great....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
05 Black/Parchment Premium GT, IUP,Auto,Black 17" Bullits w/Mustang Spinners,Tinted Glass,Pony Floor Mats,Billet Engine Accessories,Redline Racing Hood Struts,Front Chin Spoiler,Tinted out front direction lights,Rear Light Black Trim,Plenum Cover,Flowmaster Cat Backs
Spring Mods: Lower,Crossdrilled Rotors,255-50-17 Tires, still thinking about a Tuner and Cold Air System, Tint rear side markers.

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The shop chose to slot instead of the bolts due to the small diameter of the bolts and the low torque specs. He compared it to going from a size of your thumb to a pencil and did not feel comfortable with that. I dropped the car off during alignment and do not know if they had to remove strut to slot

·
Registered
102 Posts
Who performed the alignment?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dallas Frame and Alignment on Fabion Road off of Harry Hines, family owned and operated since 68. I trust them very much

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.