Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Has anyone here put one of these on? I gotta admit I'd rather make the antenna smaller rather than bigger and the shark fin looks dated but that black Sirius turdie on a white trunk just ain't cutting it.

Just wondered if anyone had tried one of these, and if so, did it mess with reception and how well did it match?

Thanks! :D

PS I've looked quite a bit and it looks like several sources sell this exact same style of cover but is this it as far as selection goes?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I dont like thew sirius antenna on the trunk of my car. But from what Ive seen of the covers they look too large making the antenna stand out even more. Think Ill leave mine the way it is. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not crazy about either choice myself but sorta thought maybe a matching white eyesore would blend in better than a black one, LOL.

It would be even worse if the color was off though, that's why I am hoping somebody has already been the guinea pig and tried one. :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'd gladly get another cover that was painted, provided it's the same shape as the current one. The shark fins look really stupid, I just hate them. Although mine won't stand out as much on my Kona Blue exterior, but I can see why those with much brighter colors would want it painted to match the body. Anyone know how easy the cover is to remove (if at all)?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I've been toying with the same idea. I've decided to wait until I actually have my Ingot GT here and what that thing looks like. The real sad issue for me is that I can't even use Sirius here in Europe.

If you go with the cover Scott, we need lots of pics please.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd be worried about making the antenna perform worse. As it is, the antenna loses signal more easily than my other Sirius units.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do NOT use metallic paint on the antenna. It will kill the signal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wonder what it looks like underneath. Sirius sucks, and I never listen to it. I wanna just take the damn thing off and throw it in the trash.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I put one on my car, California Pony Cars I think it was $34 pre painted Performance White. I like the look, much better than black turd, its a shark fin with round bulges at the base, self stick 3M body tape so if you don't like it can be removed and sold on eBay:winks
I don't have a pic give me a couple hours.
Steve

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been toying with the same idea. I've decided to wait until I actually have my Ingot GT here and what that thing looks like. The real sad issue for me is that I can't even use Sirius here in Europe.

If you go with the cover Scott, we need lots of pics please.
Will do! :bigthumbsup

I wonder what it looks like underneath. Sirius sucks, and I never listen to it. I wanna just take the damn thing off and throw it in the trash.
I agree, iPod makes Sirius completely obsolete. I would want to just fill in the hole except the hands-free calling and turn by turn directions, etc., are pretty amazing.

I put one on my car, California Pony Cars I think it was $34 pre painted Performance White. I like the look, much better than black turd, its a shark fin with round bulges at the base, self stick 3M body tape so if you don't like it can be removed and sold on eBay:winks
I don't have a pic give me a couple hours.
Steve
Wow, someone who not only bought one, but bought a white one. Sometimes wishes do come true, LOL. :gringreen

If you could take a pic that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I agree, iPod makes Sirius completely obsolete. I would want to just fill in the hole except the hands-free calling and turn by turn directions, etc., are pretty amazing.

I never renewed my Sirius last year but the hands free calling and directions on nav are still working. Do they have something to do with each other?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I never renewed my Sirius last year but the hands free calling and directions on nav are still working. Do they have something to do with each other?
nothing- phone/nav are part of Sync, not Sirius

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Thanks Steve. Doesn't look as bad as I thought IMO.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, if you took off (what I affectionately call) the Sirius turd the turn-by-turn directions and hands free calling couldn't work because they use the same antenna.

Fortunately they are separate subscriptions. I'd have to look at my papers for how long, I forgot already, LOL, but your free trial for the turn-by-turn and services is longer than for Sirius radio.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys
Took some pics of the antenna cover on my car. Hope you like it.
Steve
Steve, thanks so much! I appreciate seeing those pictures AND I really like the way it looks... to me that makes a huge improvement on a white car. It doesn't look nearly as massive in your pictures either for some reason. I'm gonna order one tonight! Thanks! :bigthumbsup

PS Do you have pictures of the entire car posted somewhere? I'm really intrigued by the interesting combo of that red spoiler and the rear end graphics. :D

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Glad I have black!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad I have black!
Yes, not much to think about there, LOL. It wouldn't bother me on Kona, Candy Red, or Sterling either, but on white... it's just not working for me.

Just placed an order for one with CJ Pony parts 15% off sale Will posted about. I'll take pictures once I get it on the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.