Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to add a little flare to my 2006 black pony and I have been looking at several different body kits and wanted to know which ones you guys like and where I can find a good deal. And have those that have body kits installed them yourselves or had to pay to get it done and what are the costs. I also have wanted to add a shaker hood system and I know several of you have installed them and was it worth the time and money or should I just go for a mock hood scoop. Also does the shaker make much difference power wise. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Shaker has no real performance benefit... but looks cool as heck!!!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I think the shaker is only beneficial if you are going like 150. At any normal speed it doesn't gain enough ram air to create any type of power. I've had many people argue against me on this but the dyno proves it all. Not a bad mod it looks awesome but its like 800 and something bucks. I could find better stuff to buy with that IMO.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Even though it won't give much of a RAM air effect, it's definitely the best cold air intake you can get :bigthumbsup I'm thinking about getting one, but I might not because eventually within 2 years i'm going to supercharge and I don't want to have blown 900 dollars on something that i'm just going to take off.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the shaker is only beneficial if you are going like 150. At any normal speed it doesn't gain enough ram air to create any type of power. I've had many people argue against me on this but the dyno proves it all. Not a bad mod it looks awesome but its like 800 and something bucks. I could find better stuff to buy with that IMO.
the dyno does not prove a damn thing, w/o ram air you cant test the results of using a RAM air system. The shakers have been track tested on the new edge mustangs and cut lap times down by a few tenths. Not much i know but still does effect performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.