Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at buying one of those Cobra R front bumpers for my car and was wondering if this was a good price and which is better: urethane or fiberglass?:headscratch:

Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Urethane FTW.

Fiberglass isn't AS bad as people make it out to be, but you can throw a urethane bumper off your 2story balcony and it'll survive.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the Whole Cobra R set up From Mr.bodykit.....it fits and Works PERFECT....I do not have it on b-cuz Im waiting for Paint.....But I Love it...I have Urethane. WORKS GREAT!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Some of my ricer friends have fiberglass panels. They look just as good but don't last as long. If you bottom out on a speedbump or hit a curb with the urathane it will bend and you might scratch your paint. If you do the same with fiberglass you could break the part or at least have a huge crack in it. Save up the money and get the urathane. I have been looking at body kits also, if I get one I will deffinately get the urathane.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i would be careful with mr. bodykit, there quality is either hit or miss

and you do realize the cobra r front end sits very very low, i advise stying away from speedbumps, or looking at the 99-02 bobra bumper(looks like cobra r, but no spliter) or the 03-04 termi bumper

but thats just me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.