Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the cowl area, the metal section where the wipers come thru and the plastic grill covers, is replaceable? I just picked up an 88 to replace my sons 88 that got totaled monday and this area is dented in pretty bad from where the hood flew up.

·
Registered
762 Posts
absolutely, but your gonna have to drill out a crap load of spot welds.........You got any pictures of the damaged area????

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Yes its replaceable. But its a lot work. And generally, the people that sells these things, think they are wrapped in gold. And yes its spot welded every where. I have one in the shop, and I wanna say the windshield has to be removed so you can drill more spot welds out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
absolutely, but your gonna have to drill out a crap load of spot welds.........You got any pictures of the damaged area????
I'll get some later today.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The windshield will have to come out. Have you thought about trying to repair it insead of replacing it?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I pulled mine when my hood came up. You have to pull the windshield and use like a 3/8 bit to remove all the spot welds. then you have to do the same to another car. Then last but not least you have to mig weld all the holes back up, grind, and fill. Then paint. It is a couple full days worth the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts