Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
so now i have my new bumper cover and i'm lookin for a body shop to put it on the car...first stop
body guy: wow i never saw one up close...this is nice....is she fast son?
me:she's a mover
body guy:yeah gorgeous
me:i snapped the front bumper cover at the bottom....i have a new cover at home...just wanna get someone to put it on and paint it
body guy:think it can beat my vette in the back?
me:uh depends...so how much is the bumper cover installation
body guy:we have to run these against each other...the bumper cover will be 350 installed.....leave the car with me for a week and it'll be good as new
me:eek:kay i'll get back to you

is it just me or can anyone else imagine that this guy is gonna take 2 days to fix my bumper and be running my 06gt for 3 days like a madman...then roll the miles back...anyone know if this was a good deal he gave me...and can i just leave the bumpercover and let him paint that and bring the car back when its ready to switch em? i keep thinkin about ferris buellers day off

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Run nghtrnnr, run!!!! If you pick this guy, when you go pick it up he's liable to make you "squeal like a pig"!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keep lookin'. This guy hasn't got his mind on his work. I wouldn't let him do anything on my stang or parts.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Drop the car off with him and, but before tell him that you want his Vette as a loaner. Then tell him that you will treat his car the same way he will treat yours, with respect.

See what his thoughts are then :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Run nghtrnnr, run!!!! If you pick this guy, when you go pick it up he's liable to make you "squeal like a pig"!
My thoughts exactly. Next

·
Registered
239 Posts
Keep looking

I like Fryguy's response even though I would have no intnetions of leaving my car with this guy as he demonstrates absolutley no professionalism whatsoever.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
MGPony said:
I like Fryguy's response even though I would have no intnetions of leaving my car with this guy as he demonstrates absolutley no professionalism whatsoever.
Yeah, eye for an eye.
MG where abouts in Chicago are you from? South burb of Oak Forest here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That body shop guy's name isn’t Will, is it?

The way you described the conversation it sounded like my idiot brother.:sterb:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
found a guy today...said i dont have to leave the car ,just the bumper and he'll do it this afternoon and tonight...said that tomorrow i can come in and he'll just replace the entire thing...nice guy...i'll be goin back next time i crack something on the streetracer

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts