Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im new to this fourm but i was wanted to make my 2011 gt look like the 2013 model (the front to be specific) and ideas? anybody done this?
thanks for any help

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi guys im new to this fourm but i was wanted to make my 2011 gt look like the 2013 model (the front to be specific) and ideas? anybody done this?
thanks for any help
I've seen the rear end, specifically the taillights, be changed from the 2011 and 2012 to the 2013 and 2014's, but I've never seen a front end change.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Front end will require new front bumper, associated grills, fog lights, headlights, associated wiring and a new hood. Not a cheap undertaking!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sure it's possible. I've seen completed conversions in person at a few car shows.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have done the rear, the front is next. Already have the hood in stock and lights installed, just need to order the 2013 GT500 bumper and grilles, etc.

Rear was $1500 without the quad exhaust, front is about $2800 plus paint and lights.

LEXiiON

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've seen some conversions done. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the cost. You are talking a few thousand plus install and paint on top of that to do the conversion. You'd be better off trading the 2011 and buying a 2014 at a good deal right now. Plus you could get track apps and track key... Just my honest opinion. Cheers.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can do TrackApps in a 2011... $185 for the new ABS module, $400 for the cluster.. Just need somebody who knows how to use IDS.
TrackKey is a different story...

LEXiiON

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the brake cooling ducts just the Roush lights wthout the lights?

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
Ideal body style = 11-12 front, 13-14 rear. Take the money you would spend on that front end conversion and put it towards a blower. Then nobody would ever see the front any way. 😄

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ideal body style = 11-12 front, 13-14 rear. Take the money you would spend on that front end conversion and put it towards a blower. Then nobody would ever see the front any way. ��

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That's how mine looks currently, except it is a 2010 front, which only differs from the 2011-2012 in having a black pony.

LEXiiON

·
Registered
489 Posts
thanks for any help
I just did the conversion a few months ago. If you have any questions, let me know. I also did the 2013 rear tail lights as well.

Before:

After:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts