Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some lite weight wheels for the car and I was wonder for the money difference is there that much of a difference...
I plan on what ever wheel I chose to use a MT DOT drag radial...
The price below is for 15x10
Bogart 10.5# = $485
Race Star 15# = $ 195
Weld Draglite ?# = $220
Does anyone know the weight of the draglite?
If you would, can you tell us the difference in 1/4 mile times before and after using any of the three wheels listed...
Thanks for your help on this...

G

·
The weights for all those listed will be within about 2 pounds of each other and won't make any differences in elapsed times.

The differences would be in the fitment of the wheel. I just picked up a set of Racestars 15x8 with MT radials 275/60. Before I purchased a set of Jegs Sport Star II and they did not fit because they hit the calipers. The Racestars fit but balancing them was a pain. One wheel seemed malformed and wobbled a bit on the balancer. They are indeed warrantied and I will look into that soon but I have a trackday set up for tomorrow so they will have to do.

I think the extra price will get you a more consistent product with better fitment. The Racestars use a universal bolt pattern and fit the Mustang with offset washers. This is a whole other pain when trying to bolt them on the car(my hubcentric rings were missing when the wheels were sent).

Overall I think the Racestars are very attractive and they are light as hell. I never weighed them but the Jegs wheels were 13lbs and felt about the same. If cost were no option I would go with Weld RT-S71(with black centers), Centerline Qualifiers, or any Billet Specialties. I think the Bogarts are less attractive but I know they work well.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone ran our cars with the skinnies on the street? i to am in the market for five stars but i want to see how the mustang drives with the skinnies up front.

does anyone have pictures or info on mustangs lowered (P springs 1in) with drag rim set ups?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I run my Racestars on the street quite a bit and have no issues. I need my license so I drive fairly sanely on the street though.

17x4 fronts with M&H tires and 15x8 rears with Mickey T 275/60 DRs. Steeda springs.

G

·
I run my Racestars on the street quite a bit and have no issues. I need my license so I drive fairly sanely on the street though.

17x4 fronts with M&H tires and 15x8 rears with Mickey T 275/60 DRs. Steeda springs.

That sir is damn sexy!:bigthumbsup
I would have never thought to add tire shine to my MTs as I bring them to the track in my trunk and handling them when slippery is no fun.

profile.jpg

263320_254084341287977_100000592400478_983686_7548663_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone ran our cars with the skinnies on the street? i to am in the market for five stars but i want to see how the mustang drives with the skinnies up front.

does anyone have pictures or info on mustangs lowered (P springs 1in) with drag rim set ups?
Sorry it took me so long, but here you go... I have other pictures of the black car with the racestar 17s and it is lower 1 inch if you want to see them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts