Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys i have a 2003 Mustang Gt pretty well stock i have just bolt ons i am wondering if it is at all advisable or a good idea to swap out my stock MAF for a larger one. Is that gonna give me gains? Is it healthy for the car? Can i even do that without going big power yet.? thanks here is a list of bolt ons i was looking at putting on a stock 2003 cobra MAF i have one here for cheap . i think its a 90 mm thanks again guys.

Xpipe flowmaster 40s
SCT Live wire flash tuner
K/N cai
4:10 richmond gears
BBK 75 MM throttle body with stock plenum.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
There's no gain to swapping to a larger MAF before you peg the electronics in your current one. It's just a meter.

And you'd have to have a retune in order to use it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no gain to swapping to a larger MAF before you peg the electronics in your current one. It's just a meter.

And you'd have to have a retune in order to use it.

I am aware of this. My SCT flash tuner has an option when i tune it to add aftermarket parts such as CAI and larger throttle body and an option for a 90mm maf. so this being added in my tune it would retune the car accordingly. i am just wondering if its worth it at the stage the car is at now. i know i will need to go with a larger one once the car is supercharged but without bigger injectors is it going to make a difference now.. ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
waste of cash, the stock maf will do just fine for a good while (but if it is a real good price buy it & flip it on craigslist the extra cash is the only gains you'll get from it)

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The transfer built into the SCT for a 90mm MAF is for the Lightning MAF, which has a different transfer table than the 03 Cobra 90mm MAF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts