Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has an estimate on power gains from upgrades on a stock 5.0. I recently purchased a Cobra upper and lower manifold, 24lb injectors, BBK 24lb MAF, BBK 70mm TB. I also have BBK ceramic LT into BBK offroad X-mid backed by magnaflows waiting to be installed. What gains should i see from these mods alone? Next year i plan to go with Twisted Wedge heads and a B303 cam. what power would i put down after the first mods and when complete, my goal is around 350hp, running mid to low 12s would this be possible?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
get a different cam like a TFS stage 1 or something comparable. Not sure why people like 20 year old technology running their engine.

Your not going to see a whole lot of improvement with your stock heads when you put the new intake on. I'd say wait and do it all at the same time. No point in doing your work twice.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Cobra upper and lower manifold, 10-15rwhp

24lb injectors, 0,and your car will probably run rich since adding larger injectors does not make horsepower,and you dont make enuff HP to require larger injectors at this time

BBK 24lb MAF, maybe 2-3hp,just cuz its less restrictive than stock

BBK 70mm TB. maybe 2-3hp on an otherwise stock motor

I also have BBK ceramic LT into BBK offroad X-mid backed by magnaflows maybe 10-15hp over the stock setup

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
injectors dont make power...they just support it

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I currently have 19lb injectors would i be able to use my 19s with the 24lb maf?
no,its gotta be "calibrated" for the same size injectors

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
get a different cam like a TFS stage 1 or something comparable. Not sure why people like 20 year old technology running their engine.
+1. Especially since you will be getting the TFS heads. Alphabet cams may give you a little power over stock, but there are definitely better cams out there for a relatively small amount more money. I have the TFS stage 1 cam and my car's whole power band is strong, especially between 2500 and 6000 rpm.

I don't know how much you are paid for your intake, but when you get the heads, it might not be a bad idea to invest in a Trick Flow intake. That HCI combo would be good for around 300rwhp or more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.