Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - ‪Stock Dyno Run with Lethal Performance's 2012 BOSS 302‬‏

Here's a bone stock dyno run of Lethal Performance's 2012 BOSS 302. We were very careful not to break anything as we know how important it is to keep up the value on specialty car such as this. It's going to be worth lots of money down the road as long as we baby it and keep it stock it should be worth more. Ford totally had that in mind when they added forged pistons and rods to the Boss and gave us the ability to rev the car over 8000 rpms.

Now I hope none of you believe a word I just said because it was complete BS. :banana::banana: The car isn't stock, nor will we baby it. The entire purpose of it is to push it as hard as we can. The same very reason we handed the keys over to Vaughn Gittin, Jr to drift this thing with less than 1000 miles on it.

With that said we'll be out at the track with this baby on Wed of next week. Let's see how it does and then maybe we'll push it a little harder.

For those going to Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach, SC you'll get a chance to see this car in person as we're bringing it with us. At that point who knows what we'll have done to it.

G

·
0 Posts
I CAN'T SEEEEE!!! Argghh I feel like I am in prison when I'm here at work!!.....................................................stupid websense:cursing:

Could you post the numbers for those of us under big brothers watchful eyes?

·
Registered
737 Posts
The video doesn't show the numbers. Weird, I guess they just wanted to prove to us that they did actually dyno it... :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
yeah, what gives with no results?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our car is a feature car for 5.0 Mustang Magazine and the testing we did with the car yesterday was part of the article. So we're unable to post the dyno numbers or mods until the article is published. That's just how it works. We will however be more than happy to post our results from the track next Wednesday

Thanks, Jared

·
Registered
113 Posts
Asked them directly and they are doing a magazine article and will release the numbers in the article.

[I posted my response at the same time as Jared :)]

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
ah ok, thats cool! look forward to seeing the article and hearing your track times, sounds nice

·
Registered
635 Posts
I can't believe your MT82 has not blown up yet with the abuse it has seen. You must be one of the lucky ones.. :heha:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Nice!

Is that the exact same MT82 trans that's in the GT?

My guess if you guys run a 12.5 on stock tires.

·
Registered
635 Posts
With a rev limit bump to 8000 RPM, I say 12.2 on stockers!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[email protected] couldn't wait to pick up the latest 5.0 magazine and when I did yesterday there isn't anything about the Boss 302! Do you know when the article will be published or did it get bumped?

The magazines typically run 60 days out. With that being said I believe the first story on the car will be in the next issue. I'll ask Steve and find out for sure. If you think that one is going to be good the one after that it going to make you guys s&*t.. LOL

The car is making some serious power now. We should be back at the track on Friday so we'll be sure to post then.

Thanks for your support!

Jared

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Sounds strong... Can't wait to see the BOSS at the track:kooky:Again!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds strong... Can't wait to see the BOSS at the track:kooky:Again!
We got all loaded up to head to the track tonight and it got rained out. So it looks like next Thursday at Mustang Week is when we'll be racing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@[email protected] Just pinged 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine on Facebook and they said you'll see part 1 in the November issue :) (Septemeber just came out last week) How can you guys stay quiet for so long!! That would be killing me!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
@[email protected] On a different note...I already have a JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, SCT SF3 with Bama Tune, and GT500 mufflers...what would be the next performance item (aside from Blower/Turbo/NOS) that would get me the most bang for my buck? X or H pipe (want to keep stock cats), rear gear (have 3.15 in my auto), Boss intake, or something else?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@[email protected] On a different note...I already have a JLT Carbon Fiber CAI, SCT SF3 with Bama Tune, and GT500 mufflers...what would be the next performance item (aside from Blower/Turbo/NOS) that would get me the most bang for my buck? X or H pipe (want to keep stock cats), rear gear (have 3.15 in my auto), Boss intake, or something else?
The next best mod for you would be the Boss intake. You'll pick up around 20rwhp with it and be able to rev the car higher. If you want to keep the cats then there's really no benefit from an X/H pipe. You could go to a more aggressive gear as well however which gear to go with will be determined on what type of driving you do and what your goals are for the car.

At this point though the Boss intake with a tune revision would be your best bet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im in the same boat you are. The only thing is if you are not going to track your car the Boss intake is not a good investment and from many track times are not that great. You do not gain much in the low to mid rpm's. So unless you are driving above 6000 rpm's a lot you will not notice much on the street. Unless you can throw an off road x or h on and headers their really is nothing to do as first gear is so steep that many are not finding much improvement with higher gears either. The only thing that might help is a circle d torque convertor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts