Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Boss Inc. 2000 Cobra R hood for my 99 Cobra at the Mustang 45th anniversary. It looked like good quality and man it was light. I got home, installed it and it looked great. About 6 months after install I noticed at the front of the hood, the top was separating from the bottom of the hood. I sent Boss Inc an email to tell them about it. I never even got as much as a "screw you" reply. So I went to autozone and bought some epoxy made to bond fiberglass and completed the repair myself. Fast forward a year and a half. I'm driving down a 55mph 4 lane highway, going about 60mph. I crest a hill and BANG! The top of my hood peels off like a banana! I see it in my rear view mirror flipping end over end 15-20 feet in the air. So I pull over and see the bottom half is still mounted. When I got home I sent Boss Inc and email to tell them about the poor quality of my hood. I haven't heard back yet but given that they wouldn't even respond to my minor issue relatively speaking, I don't see them standing behind thier product after catastrophic failure. I just want to let anyone on AFM that is in the market for a hood that you may want to steer clear of Boss Inc. hoods. In my experience the hoods are poor quality and thier customer service is non existent. I'm now just going to buy a VIS carbon fiber hood. But that was $350 right down the drain!:madas:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,420 Posts
Ha!
Sorry, dude. That pic made me laugh. That hood looks real good. :gringreen

Seriously, that sucks balls. Thumbs up for putting the word out about that **** company.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha!
Sorry, dude. That pic made me laugh. That hood looks real good. :gringreen

Seriously, that sucks balls. Thumbs up for putting the word out about that **** company.
It would have been awesome if it happened at say 140+mph, but 60mph????

·
Registered
232 Posts
Contact the BBB and let them know what's going on. You could probably get a refund that way and let them know your feelings on the company. It'll impact their ratings. Sorry about the hood, that really sucks man, but good luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thats crazy man. Sorry about the bad luck. Imagine if someone would have been behind you.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
It's easier to ignore an email than a phone call, which is the route I would pursue. They may or may not legitimately owe you anything, but if you can explain the situation while avoiding your natural instincts to reach through the phone and choke whoever's on the other end they might just surprise you and try to make things right. More than likely they'll tell you to get fukced, but still worth a try.

In the meantime, get some 1/8" masking tape, some rattlecan, and an 18 pack Natty Ice (gotta have cheap beer to inspire some halfassing) and lay out some flames on that bad boy you currently have :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah Id do the BBB thing also its your best bet that EFFING sucks though

·
Registered
8,545 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bad thing is that I was 5 minutes from my house when it happened. I ran home quick to get the truck to go get my top half. By the time I got back, someone had stopped and picked it up. They stole half of a hood! Amazing! Well it's a week later and no response to the email I sent them. The customer service is exceptional!! I don't expect anything, but an I'm sorry that happened would be nice. But I'll do what I told them I would, steer you all away so you don't make the same mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts