Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen tons of questions about this "eBay" turbo kit. I bit the bullet and bought the kit. The kit came as advertised, well packaged, and what looks like quality parts. I have a ford master tech he has so far been impressed with the quality. I plan on running 7lbs of boost and I'm expecting around 430 rwhp. I will post numbers pictures, and answer questions when I get my car back. Should be Sunday.

G

·
I have one of the boost brothers kits on my 95GT, they built a darn fine product - though I don't have experience with the 2005+ kits. Unfortunately boost brothers went belly up almost a year ago (it's a shame but a bunch of guys on all the forums busted their chops because they were "too cheap" and "sold on ebay" so they were "too good to be true" even though everyone who actually had a kit thought it was excellent -- but of course that meant all the proponents were employees. I hope they enjoyed paying $5K for the same thing through BG & PonyDown, I for one mourn the loss of a good American company (the headers were made in the USA though the turbo wasn't) selling a good product for a very fair price.)

Relentless performance picked up their remaining kits and are selling them out (I asked the seller a while ago). Luckily most of the parts are pretty generic and standard (wastegate, BOV, turbo) so you can get needed replacements just about anywhere.

I'm on year 3 with my SN95 kit with no cracked headers, and the original no-name wastegate, turbo, and BOV. I for one think you made a heck of a buy (and since they're out of business I'm probably not an employee).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know they were out of business, although I did get my kit from relentless tuning. And a google search of boost brothers comes up empty. My car is an Auto, and my installer had to manufacture an extra piece of down pipe, to get around the tranny cooling lines. I haven't had my car for over a week, and I miss it dearly, Sunday should be game on.

G

·
Awesome. Cool thing is relentless offers the warranty through themselves so it's not like buying old stock. Have a blast!

·
Registered
927 Posts
please let us know about this kit. from what ive gathered. your the only one who bought it for 05-10 mustangs. if you could post some pics and maybe a dyno sheet that would be awesome. I would love to purchase this kit. its $1200 though so im iffy about it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said, alot of people wanted to know... I bit the bullet. Not sure when I'll be able to get dyno numbers but I'll post what I can.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hope it works out good. Forced induction puts a HUGE smile on your face. Cant wait to hear the results.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Like I said, alot of people wanted to know... I bit the bullet. Not sure when I'll be able to get dyno numbers but I'll post what I can.
Thanks for biting the bullet for us and being the "guinea pig". Can't wait to hear your results. all your need to buy is injectors and a tune right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The kit didn't come with any gauges,or fuel injectors, it also requires a new mass air flow meter. It recommends header wrap, and a tune. So far the install has taken a week, there has been some install issues because my car is an automatic. They had to make a custom down pipe and move the transmission lines. They are putting my car back together and now it's not going to be ready until Monday...

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The kit didn't come with any gauges,or fuel injectors, it also requires a new mass air flow meter. It recommends header wrap, and a tune. So far the install has taken a week, there has been some install issues because my car is an automatic. They had to make a custom down pipe and move the transmission lines. They are putting my car back together and now it's not going to be ready until Monday...
Yeah that's one of the problems you will run into with the turbo kit. I would think the stock MAF should work though. At either rate Monday is tomorrow, I hope it works out well for you

·
Registered
927 Posts
thank you for the update. I wonder if I will have the same problem if mine is manual trans. hmmm can't wait to hear your results!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Any updates on the install?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Delayed a couple more days... The exhaust had to be modified slightly, and all the welds are taken care of. The Air fuel meter and boost gauge are being installed. And I should have it within the next couple days. Should be soon...

·
Registered
927 Posts
updates?!?!?!??!?!?!?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Install complete, I love it! The parts and quality are top notch, but they are not brand name. The kit was not bolt on, partly because my car is an auto, partly because the kit isn't directly bolt on. The exhaust pipes didn't fit right and some custom exhaust had to be made. The exhaust is lower then I like but it was the best they could do. Currently I'm running 5lbs of boost until I get my boost controller and cold plugs installed. I hit full boost at about 3000rpm. I do plan on going up to 8-9 pounds of boost and eventually a dyno tune. It started raining last night and I haven't really gotten a chance to try it out, but once it's dry I'll try some runs. I think everyone's biggest concerns with this kit is the long term quality and durability, so I will try my best to post updates. Next I'll be saving for a one piece aluminum drive shaft, and a cervini type IV hood.

·
Registered
927 Posts
awesome! atleast we know it works. thanks for all the updates dude. :kooky:

G

·
Congratulations! Do yourself a favor however, if you're looking to go up to 8 or 9 pounds, get the dyno tune at the same time. AFR at higher boost levels should be low to mid 11's and nothing in the stock tune will approach it. You might just grenade the motor, and it's so tempting with a boost controller. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts