Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new exhaust system for the GT350 has finally been released!
https://www.borla.com/products/musta...t__140684.html

We thought we'd share the following photos with you and let you know that our VIDEO is COMING SOON!! Stay Tuned! :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm).

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Greetings Lisa:

I don't mean to sound flippant, but why would I want these, please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, if you don't own a 2015-2017 Gt350, you won't be interested as it won't fit the Mustang GT. As I understand it, this Borla Catback setup is Gt350/GT350R specific...

I'm all ears, Lisa. I'm sure others are interested, too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's the question: what's better about the Borla catbacks, given how the GT350 sounds from the "factory"?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's the question: what's better about the Borla catbacks, given how the GT350 sounds from the "factory"?
If I'm not mistaken, Borla claims to have improved upon the flow characteristics of the factory GT350 system. I'm only relaying what I read elsewhere, so don't shoot the messenger. David or Lisa, can you chime-in? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the delayed response again... I really wanted to take the time to write a reply and get you guys some data/photos, so it took me a little longer to do all that, but here it is:

The automotive aftermarket is a huge industry and exhaust modifications are among the most popular modifications, so clearly there's a large portion of enthusiasts that want something different than what comes from the factory. However, we understand that Ford went through great lengths to make the GT350 sound a certain way and some people will want to keep that sound, and that is perfectly fine. Sound is very subjective and one person's opinion is not better than anyone else's opinion.

A lot of GT350 owners in particular have asked us to offer something different than what the factory did, because they want to be different/unique and make their car more personalized/customized to their taste. That said, we feel confident that our product will fit the needs and desires of those enthusiasts.

The Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System for the GT350 features our patented ATAK® Technology that is based on specifically-tuned attributes of the internal muffler cores, which are calibrated on a vehicle-by-vehicle basis to deliver the most desirable sound. A deep and aggressive sound, however, is not the only thing to be gained from our system. Our system picked up 18 hp (at the wheels) and is 13.4 lbs lighter than the stock system.

In addition, our products are made from T-304 stainless steel, are very durable, are backed by our Million Mile Warranty, and
are proudly made in the USA.

See the attached photos:
Photo 1 vs Photo 2 = the OEM X-Pipe vs the Borla X-Pipe
(You can see that the OEM x-pipe is really not a true x-pipe but rather a stamped piece, and that's not ideal for flow. The Borla is a true x-pipe that maximizes flow and maintains the 2.75" diameter throughout.)

Photo 3 = Flowbench results of the Stock Mufflers vs the Borla Mufflers
(Our muffler outflows the stock muffler with the valve open, and closed. Reason: The major area of restriction in the stock muffler looks to be the tailpipe portion where it has a nominal 2.50” valve that has ridges that restrict to 2.25”. There are also complex tight radius bends in the tube. In contrast, the Borla tailpipe uses a nominal 2.75” valve without ridges and therefore no restrictions. Our tailpipe, also, is nearly straight. - I will try to get photos of these valves for you guys to see.)

Photo 4 = Flowbench results of the Stock CatBack vs the Borla CatBack

Other Notes
-Cat-Back = Part #140684: https://www.borla.com/products/musta...t__140684.html

-Video: Borla Exhaust for 2015-16 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350
https://youtu.be/k8dk6JJ1w_U

-Headers = Coming Soon! (Our Headers picked up an additional 12hp for a total of a around 30hp when combined with our Cat-Back.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST).

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Great response! Thank you for taking the time to get this info. (Good pics too.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now can we get these with carbon fiber exhaust tips? :)

·
Banned
248 Posts
I wish they could make the Voodoo engine sound a little deeper and just a little similar to a Coyote engine. I mean have you heard how good a Bullitt Mustang sounds when compared to a GT350?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts