Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinkin of getting K&N AirCharger and Borla Cat-Back exhaust system, what do you guys think, is it a good combination for better performance, and as my first two mods?

Advice appreciated. :cool:

·
Registered
394 Posts
The K&N AirCharger was my first performance mod and was WELL worth the money. Sounds better, feels better and better MPG to boot!!

Go for it. Both will be worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
829 Posts
tid bits

It has been shown here that you will not gain much performance over factory system with the cat back. If you indeed did, it is so very small that it is neglible. And those that change their mufflers do so for "sound" reasons. As far as the Cat-Back the X pipe will sound different than the H. H is more traditional muscle car sound. Take a listen to a few to compare.

On the other hand, you should see a performance gain with the K&N.

·
Registered
113 Posts
MetalTear said:
Hey guys, I'm thinkin of getting K&N AirCharger and Borla Cat-Back exhaust system, what do you guys think, is it a good combination for better performance, and as my first two mods?

Advice appreciated. :cool:
I think those are good choices, especially the K&N.

Are you driving that around Dubai?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
The K&N AirCharger was my first performance mod and was WELL worth the money. Sounds better, feels better and better MPG to boot!!

Go for it. Both will be worth it IMHO.
Thanks 'KiLLeR_WoMBaT' I didn't know sound changes with the K&N, I wonder how both the exhaust and K&N will sound like, I'll be posting sound clips after I get them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gig4Fun said:
It has been shown here that you will not gain much performance over factory system with the cat back. If you indeed did, it is so very small that it is neglible. And those that change their mufflers do so for "sound" reasons. As far as the Cat-Back the X pipe will sound different than the H. H is more traditional muscle car sound. Take a listen to a few to compare.

On the other hand, you should see a performance gain with the K&N.
hey 'Gig4Fun', yeh I'm not going for more hp just better performance, I don't think I'm changing to X-Pipe, I like traditional muscle cars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
billyb196 said:
I think those are good choices, especially the K&N.

Are you driving that around Dubai?
yeh man, dubai is a great place to show off cars, although there are most expensive cars here, the mustang still turns heads.

·
Registered
113 Posts
MetalTear said:
yeh man, dubai is a great place to show off cars, although there are most expensive cars here, the mustang still turns heads.

Marhaba

Yeah, as I remember Bentley's by the dozen and Mercedes by the hundreds, but that Mustang must make them all bow their heads...

Good on ya!

Ma'assalama

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
billyb196 said:

Marhaba

Yeah, as I remember Bentley's by the dozen and Mercedes by the hundreds, but that Mustang must make them all bow their heads...

Good on ya!

Ma'assalama
hello my friend, that's true, one roar from the mustang and everybody just shuts up!

chaw

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's American V-8 babie !!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Well... here I go again...

Tuner and CAI first... if you're happy with the looks of the stock muffs don't change em'! If you want a more aggresive sound get headers, also good for up to 25 HP!

The K&N is a bit restrictive compaird to other intakes but it is a high quality one! If you're going to tune anyways you can get a more open one for more power and sound! There is nothing like a angry intake swooch!

The Borla's too are kida restrictive compaird to MAC's etc.

http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=248
http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=229

Both on sale, there is an additional discount on the headers for AFM members! Should be good for ~50 HP and some awesome tunes! Not to mention the drivability upgradees from Ken's tunes!

The headers install is kinda involved though, don't know what facilities you have avial there...

Be safe and a super new year!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
a tuner and good intake are definately going to give you the best performance nod for the $$$..Personally I wouldn't waste the $$ on the Borla stuff.It is overpriced and there is comparable products that are just as good on the market for less $$.Exhaust change is a VERY minimal performance boost on these cars unless you do long tube headers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kj_cinci said:
Well... here I go again...

Tuner and CAI first... if you're happy with the looks of the stock muffs don't change em'! If you want a more aggresive sound get headers, also good for up to 25 HP!

The K&N is a bit restrictive compaird to other intakes but it is a high quality one! If you're going to tune anyways you can get a more open one for more power and sound! There is nothing like a angry intake swooch!

The Borla's too are kida restrictive compaird to MAC's etc.

http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=248
http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=229

Both on sale, there is an additional discount on the headers for AFM members! Should be good for ~50 HP and some awesome tunes! Not to mention the drivability upgradees from Ken's tunes!

The headers install is kinda involved though, don't know what facilities you have avial there...

Be safe and a super new year!!
Sounds interesting... Do headers make drone? Also, loud sound is great but I'm a daily driver man, too much sound will be annoying a couple of months after. What do you mean by restrictive?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
MetalTear said:
Sounds interesting... Do headers make drone? Also, loud sound is great but I'm a daily driver man, too much sound will be annoying a couple of months after. What do you mean by restrictive?
Nope, I have that set up and love the sound. As you might remember I could not live with the stock system to MAC mufflers... so with that said this set up is and sounds awesome! No drone, macho loud but not obnoctious! Edit; I forrgot to mention the main reason I changed... for the power! When we took of the stock loggs and saw how restrictive they were it was an easy choise! They were really going to restrict the flow from the Ti CAI and Fox Lake heads... not to mention the future Vortech...

Restrictive as in less open, less flowing, less power...

·
Registered
538 Posts
K & N cai was one of my first mods and probably one of the best. Let me know when the new muffler system goes on. Im planning on doing that in the spring.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am very happy with the K&N aircharger, there is an increase in intake sound but very pleasant on cam!, the car feels more responsive but could be my imagination.

My Mustang grin factor has increased even more!:eyepoppin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts