Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there
after almost 5.5 hours i finally installed my borla long tube headers (kit 17237) .
well the sound is amazing with the s type cut back.
i have one question .it seem that my transmission cross member is misding two rubber mount that hold the x-,pipe
my x pipe looks like this. and i need the rubber band like on the next pic.
need some help finding those rubber mount insted of buying new part.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey Meirar,

I have Kooks headers and catted H-pipe. I was also concerned, cause the H-pipe has those rods that look like they need inserted, but the cross member has no mounts in it.

After some research, it looks like Ford did away with those mounts. I guess it was causing vibration/noise in the cabin, and it was part of a TSB in the early years -- Ford had the dealers remove them. In later years, they apparently left them off at the factory. Unsure exactly when that occurred, but mine is a 2008 and doesn't have them.

However, many of the aftermarket X-pipes and H-pipes have those rods that would be inserted into the mounts, should they be there. Some people cut them off but, like in my case, most just leave them there. They are harmless.

Hope that puts your mind at ease.

·
Registered
535 Posts
After much research last year when I did a clutch job I found out the exhaust hangers on the trans cross member were for aiding in factory assembly only. Even a new cross member does not come with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts