Ford Mustang Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have to ask Nitro, how much did that front end conversion run you? It looks fantastic and I would be considering that over the gt bumper with the boss splitter.
Quite a bit more than the GT bumper and splitter. Here is a conversion package for $3200.

·
Registered
174 Posts
this is the video that was taken before Part3 its the cold start of the car a some revs i never tempered to upload it because i made part 3 which was better but this one after listening to it deserves some love also i hope yall like it.
2011 mustang v6 BORLA LT HEADERS pt2.5 - YouTube

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Nitro - Did you buy the parts pre-painted from somewhere or take them to get painted by a local body shop?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have friends who are body shop owners and they got me the parts thru their discount in Ford Then entire conversion is OEM they painted it for me and installed it along with the lights and the HID kit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not sure if this was discussed earlier, but does these headers delete the factory cats? And also, would these headers void the warranty? Thank you.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So we all know they sound great how about any performance gain? Butt dyno.. ignore the comments about ur grammar n about a better video(that will be great but u got a decent video) its hard to make everyone happy especially in here... ur stang looks super sexy n mean, plus the beast sound keep it up:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
174 Posts
LOL will_0828 thankx man ,Yes Constantine CC they delete the cats this is an OFFROAD system only Borla dosent do catalytic's

Dyno Coming soon!! although i must say That With headers and SCT 93 Race Tune a Mercedez SL500 5.0L 382HP 390LB Got mad Because He Could Not Pass me on a 40 Roll ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey nitro, love your set up. I had a question regarding the Borla LT headers and x-pipe. Did you have to extend the O2 sensors like people have been doing with the BBKs?

Great vids too, you have helped me decide on the same thing for my car with Borla S-type Axelback.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hey nitro, love your set up. I had a question regarding the Borla LT headers and x-pipe. Did you have to extend the O2 sensors like people have been doing with the BBKs?

Great vids too, you have helped me decide on the same thing for my car with Borla S-type Axelback.
No extension is needed on the Borla headers.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Rear O2's on the Borlas would be redundant since there are no cats and the rear O2's would have to be turned off in the tune.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just wondering, does installing these make it so that the car won't pass inspection? I'm interested in getting them put on but I don't want to make it so that my car won't pass a regular inspection.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Since these delete the cats, kinda offtopic, but is there any other good headers that don't? Anyone have a link?
Nobody makes any shorties or anything that fit with the stock cats so there are no emissions legal headers.

All the long tubes at the very least move the cats from their original location thus making them technically emissions illegal.

BBK and ARH offer catted x-pipes to go with their headers, borla and bassani do not and don't plan to.

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Borla and Bassani are Racing Exhaust Manufactures... Cats are ANTI performance Objects thats why they dont make catted Xpipes.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Borla and Bassani are Racing Exhaust Manufactures... Cats are ANTI performance Objects thats why they dont make catted Xpipes.
Not entirely, both make street exhaust parts for many applications.

The reason they both gave for not offering catted pipes is that they wouldn't be street legal anyway since the cats would be relocated so they wouldn't bother making them.

And current performance catalytic converters give up very little HP.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Headers are not realy street legal so what is the point on making Catted X-pipes????

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Headers are not realy street legal so what is the point on making Catted X-pipes????
Most people agree but the high flow cats cut down on smell, black soot around the tailpipe and mellow out the sound. That would be the only reasons I could think about. That and a good high flow cat doesn't rob any noticeable power.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts