Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were curious if the new Borla systems would wound as good on the GT500's as they do on the 5.0L. So yesterday we finally got the opportunity (because of a local allfordmustang's member) to install the Borla Sport (140411) system on the 2011 GT500. Verdict is in and I am pleased to say the Borla system sounds just as good (maybe even better, which I never thought was possible) as th 5.0L Borla Exhaust.

Zero Drone and the the exhaust has that deep muscle car sound that that the Mustang is so famous for.

Check out the video here.....

Borla Mustang GT500 Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1raC_4rdqiY

·
Banned
24 Posts
We were curious if the new Borla systems would wound as good on the GT500's as they do on the 5.0L. So yesterday we finally got the opportunity (because of a local allfordmustang's member) to install the Borla Sport (140411) system on the 2011 GT500. Verdict is in and I am pleased to say the Borla system sounds just as good (maybe even better, which I never thought was possible) as th 5.0L Borla Exhaust.

Zero Drone and the the exhaust has that deep muscle car sound that that the Mustang is so famous for.

Check out the video here.....

Borla Mustang GT500 Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1raC_4rdqiY
I'm surprised you don't have any drone when so many others have complained about it.. The borlas sound good for sure, with that said they could stand to be a tad louder. When it comes down to it I've been through many many exhaust systems, not borla but have been around many with them and hands down the best sounding system for the GT500 is the Roush cat/axle systems, hands down, especially with an H pipe, and I would have to give the runner up to the KR axle back. To each his own though.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why didn't somebody open it up so you could hear it at WOT? :nono:
If you want to sell them, make a video at WOT; that is what would get people's attention.:kooky:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anybody have a link to the roush catback extreme exhaust?:heha:?? Was at Mustang week in Myrtle Beach and had my freakin ear drums blown out by the different exhausts. Met alot of great people (Shelby and fellow Mustang owners)! One was telling me, with the Roush H pipe, that muffler placement, middle of car, was reason why exhaust was so good?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why didn't somebody open it up so you could hear it at WOT? :nono:
If you want to sell them, make a video at WOT; that is what would get people's attention.:kooky:
we did......what gives you the impression it was not a WOT?

Several shots were WOT.......

The owner of the car is on this forum, hopefully he chimes in...Heck he almost lost control of the car one time because the back end got away from him ;)

Jim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm surprised you don't have any drone when so many others have complained about it.. The borlas sound good for sure, with that said they could stand to be a tad louder. When it comes down to it I've been through many many exhaust systems, not borla but have been around many with them and hands down the best sounding system for the GT500 is the Roush cat/axle systems, hands down, especially with an H pipe, and I would have to give the runner up to the KR axle back. To each his own though.....
Nope no drone at all.........

We did not have the X pipe though...not that I would expect that to make a difference.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts