Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to pick up a set of Borla Touring Axle-backs. After looking everywhere I found only two places with good deals on the re-designed set (4.5inch tip). American Muscle and Summit Racing. American Muscle has them on clearance for 719.95 but Summit Racing has them for 679.95. Does anyone out there have a coupon code for Summit Racing that they won't mind giving away? Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ford Racing Touring Exhaust

Have you considered the Ford Racing Touring axle back, M-5230-MGTCA? I just installed these yesterday. Jegs has an amazing price of $389 delivered to my door. These are made by Borla for Ford racing, made from T-304 SS with awesome looking 4" rolled tips. They fit excellent and are extremely high quality. Just an FYI

Ford Racing M-5230-MGTCA Ford Racing Muffler & Exhaust Kits

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
^those sound nice

·
Registered
283 Posts
Im looking for something now more aggressive but not as loud as the roush and does not drone cuz thats what I have now. My choices have been frpp sport or the borla s-type AB
Does anyone know what the difference is between the axle back exhaust and cat back (like sound or what)? And I want something with no drone and read that none of those two exhaust have drone.

·
Registered
724 Posts
axlebacks are just the mufflers, dealers will not void ur warranty for these 99% of the time, they are just for looks and sound. a catback exhaust replaces the whole exhaust under the car. most catbacks will shave off 25 to 45 pounds and when tuned will make 10-20 hp. most dealers will try to void ur warranty for this if you take it in for problems

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am looking to pick up a set of Borla Touring Axle-backs. After looking everywhere I found only two places with good deals on the re-designed set (4.5inch tip). American Muscle and Summit Racing. American Muscle has them on clearance for 719.95 but Summit Racing has them for 679.95. Does anyone out there have a coupon code for Summit Racing that they won't mind giving away? Thanks.
Summit doesn't have any coupon codes but AM will match their price but u have to include summits handling fee.

·
Registered
283 Posts
axlebacks are just the mufflers, dealers will not void ur warranty for these 99% of the time, they are just for looks and sound. a catback exhaust replaces the whole exhaust under the car. most catbacks will shave off 25 to 45 pounds and when tuned will make 10-20 hp. most dealers will try to void ur warranty for this if you take it in for problems
Thanks now I just need to find out what I like more then sell the roush. Iv seen alot of good things about the frpp sport and no one has complained about them so im probly going to go with those

·
Registered
724 Posts
they are nice quality mufflers for the price.

·
Registered
724 Posts
btw where in houston are u, we should go for a cruise to c&c next month!!

Have you considered the Ford Racing Touring axle back, M-5230-MGTCA? I just installed these yesterday. Jegs has an amazing price of $389 delivered to my door. These are made by Borla for Ford racing, made from T-304 SS with awesome looking 4" rolled tips. They fit excellent and are extremely high quality. Just an FYI

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have looked at those for quite some time. That is a great price for them, I could only find ones in the 600+ range. For that much I figured I might as well go with Borla. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely be listening to some quotes again.

Summit doesn't have any coupon codes but AM will match their price but u have to include summits handling fee.
Thanks for letting me know. It looks like thats the route I will be taking if I don't end up getting the FRPP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered a set of the Borla Touring axle backs from American Muscle Tuesday and used the coupon code whiteground10 for an additional $10 off.

I installed them Thursday night and I've got to say I'm very happy with the sound and the looks. I don't have any other Mustang exhaust to compare them with but they don't drone as advertised and are just a little louder than I was expecting. I also got compliments from three of my coworkers (who I didn't mention the exhaust to, they just noticed it sitting in the parking lot) about how good it looks. :cooldude:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you have any other mods to your Stang? The reason I ask is that I am mod-less, and really don't have anything planned (other than exhaust). I simply want to remove the drone and give the engine a slightly better sound at the upper rpm range. Could you post a sound clip? Not looking for anything fancy. Just an idea of what I can expect.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Are these the same as this Ford Racing Sport Mustang Axle-Back (2011-2012 GT) M-5230-MGTLA - Free Shipping! in terms of sound. The American Muscle set is 49 state legal and the one from Jegs is 50 state legal. If so the price difference is amazing!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are these the same as this Ford Racing Sport Mustang Axle-Back (2011-2012 GT) M-5230-MGTLA - Free Shipping! in terms of sound. The American Muscle set is 49 state legal and the one from Jegs is 50 state legal. If so the price difference is amazing!
No, those are a completely different exhaust. The sport exhaust is definitely louder than the touring exhaust, although the sport exhaust is like a louder version of the touring, same basic sound from what I can tell.

I'm surprised at the low price that jegs has on the touring exhaust, everybody else is around $650. I checked jegs around November of last year and they were asking MSRP of about $750 at the time. I wonder if the touring exhaust is going to be discontinued because mine shipped directly from the supplier, not from jegs. I think most people want a louder exhaust when they change out the exhaust.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
No, those are a completely different exhaust. The sport exhaust is definitely louder than the touring exhaust, although the sport exhaust is like a louder version of the touring, same basic sound from what I can tell.

I'm surprised at the low price that jegs has on the touring exhaust, everybody else is around $650. I checked jegs around November of last year and they were asking MSRP of about $750 at the time. I wonder if the touring exhaust is going to be discontinued because mine shipped directly from the supplier, not from jegs. I think most people want a louder exhaust when they change out the exhaust.
Do you know if the touring axel backs are louder than the Gt 500 axel backs?
Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts