Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the heck isn't there a sound clip for these headers, even ESP on the BORLA website. I would really like to hear a sound clip with these headers, O/R X pipe and ATAKS.

Also is there a difference in HP between Borla ATAK catbacks and ATAK axlebacks?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Theses are the badboys that I'm talking about.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Too new, they took a while to get clips of their exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I doubt they have any plans to do a sound clip of the V6 headers or any other XR-1 header for that matter. I've never seen a sound clip for any of their headers unless it was done by the consumer. They stand behind their comment that they're really, really loud and only intended for the race track.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Now obviously the switch from a catted mid pipe to OR mid pipe is going to have a major effect on sound volume; do the headers themselves increase the sound volume or just change to tone a little do to their tuned design?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Borla won't offer any catted mid-pipe, they've already said that it wouldn't be legal so they won't make one.
Wouldn't be legal because of the sound, or is it that there's something about LT headers that affect emissions independent of cats?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Wouldn't be legal because of the sound, or is it that there's something about LT headers that affect emissions independent of cats?
Borla said that any modification or replacement of cats, other to replace existing defective OEM cats with an OEM cat, is against federal regulations. Not State regulations, just Federal. Because of this their headers are only for racing purposes and they believe when it comes to racing there is no logical reason to have a cat.

I'm sure there are a million arguments to be made by different people on both sides and regardless we as consumers are more than willing to push the limits. I can understand even if it is against federal regulations why someone would want a set of headers and a lot of people would like to cut down on the sound and smell so that's probably why many manufacturers still offer them.

It's not illegal to sell or buy, it's illegal to replace or remove them for a car that is registered for use on National Hwys.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn I'm still on the fence on whether I want the Borla Headers and O/R X pipe. I mean I'm just using the 6 for DD but I wonder what the BBK LT's and O/R x pipe would sound with an ATAK system?

On the Borla website is their X-pipe that they sell individually a shorty X pipe? Bc there is no description on it lol. It would probably be reasonable to give them a call and ask for details. I'm thinking I just want to replace the midpipe with their O/R X-pipe but does it only fit using LT headers?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Borla said that any modification or replacement of cats, other to replace existing defective OEM cats with an OEM cat, is against federal regulations. Not State regulations, just Federal. Because of this their headers are only for racing purposes and they believe when it comes to racing there is no logical reason to have a cat.

I'm sure there are a million arguments to be made by different people on both sides and regardless we as consumers are more than willing to push the limits. I can understand even if it is against federal regulations why someone would want a set of headers and a lot of people would like to cut down on the sound and smell so that's probably why many manufacturers still offer them.

It's not illegal to sell or buy, it's illegal to replace or remove them for a car that is registered for use on National Hwys.
It's also because moving the cats from their original location is not legal.

Of course, as it stands, I have never heard of anyplace outside of maybe California that pays that much attention.
__

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn thats a good price, I wonder when AM is gonna get some type of pricing on these.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Did anyone install the xr-1?
How does it sound? Is it better than art or kooks
I have atak installed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts