Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a good deal for a 2012 Boss 302 in great condition and I wanted to know what body parts I have to change to make it 2013 model cuz I like the 13 even more. And where I can find those parts. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Personally I would leave it alone, I like the front end of the 2010-2012 cars much better, shark > catfish . . . but it's a personal preference thing so that's up to you.

I believe you would need to change:
hood
front upper fascia / grill surround
grill
front lower fascia

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with JBert that the front end of the 2010-2012 cars looks much more aggressive, sinister and "'67 ish" than any other S197.

In addition to the pieces he mentions, you'll need to change to the beloved 13-15 tail-light assemblies. This will involve the assemblies themselves (which can run $800-$1000/pr., assuming you can find them), the rear bumper cover and rear lower diffuser.

Good luck & post pics when you're done.

·
2,806 Posts
It would be much more cost effective to just buy a 2013. Also the 2013 has more options in general than the 2012... 2013 is a better bang for buck buy at this point in my opinion. I have put a whole lot of thought and time into comparing the 2012 to 2013 a few years ago when I bought my 2013 Boss 302. It was an awesome car and honestly it is the only Mustang I have ever sold that I regretted and have considered buying another as honestly the new GT's just don't compare so the next level up is a GT500 or GT350 and you are talking a decent jump in money between a Boss and either of those.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would be much more cost effective to just buy a 2013. Also the 2013 has more options in general than the 2012... 2013 is a better bang for buck buy at this point in my opinion. I have put a whole lot of thought and time into comparing the 2012 to 2013 a few years ago when I bought my 2013 Boss 302. It was an awesome car and honestly it is the only Mustang I have ever sold that I regretted and have considered buying another as honestly the new GT's just don't compare so the next level up is a GT500 or GT350 and you are talking a decent jump in money between a Boss and either of those.
I would agree, if the 2013 is your preferred Boss then I would wait and continue your search for the 2013. Changing the ‘12 would add costs now and also affect your resale later on. I just sold my ‘12 yellow blaze Boss, it was a great car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts