1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
105 Posts
You'll need more than just the manifold to install it on a GT. Some vendors are selling the accompanying hoses as packages.

There are also many threads on installation steps for the Boss manifold - do a search and you'll find them.

Keep in mind that any gains using the manifold are primarily high RPM, >7,000. Since stock GT fuel cut is 7K, you'll need a tune and rev limiter bump to take advantage of the Boss manifold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need more than just the manifold to install it on a GT. Some vendors are selling the accompanying hoses as packages.

There are also many threads on installation steps for the Boss manifold - do a search and you'll find them.

Keep in mind that any gains using the manifold are primarily high RPM, >7,000. Since stock GT fuel cut is 7K, you'll need a tune and rev limiter bump to take advantage of the Boss manifold.
yeah i kind of figured there is more to it than they show in the video as far as instillation goes but that won't stop me from getting it. and as far as the power gains being at the high rpm's, well lets just say that i'm glad i live in germany and can take advantage of the autobahns here, no speed limit ;D. i'm an aggressive driver when i get on those things and even in my stock 2011 GT i still overtake all of these european cars over here. i've had a few bmw's, audi's, and mercedez' try to take me on...well lets just say their face expression in the end = priceless. that's a win for american muscle.

right now my 2011 GT is stock but i plan on getting this manifold, an airaid cai, borla atak exhaust, and the sct tuning device. these are the things i want to start with and i'll work on the more advanced stuff later on down the road.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
you dont need to buy anything to make it work on the 2011 gt. you will need a tune tho.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah, for the 11GT all you'll need in terms of parts is a small piece of radiator hose and a couple clamps...This is for the fuel vapor purge valve. Less than $10 in parts at any auto store. OR, you can be a sucker and buy the aforementioned "Kit" that costs an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just installed mine this last weekend. I like it. It does thin out your torque a little, but you still have quite a bit to work with. You just loose that g-force punch of the stock setup. I find, with the my Lund tune, that it starts really pulling at >4500 rpms. A couple weeks before I went from 3.31 gears to 4.10's on my 6mt. I would suggest at least having 3.73 gears. Also, I always felt like the engine wasn't comfortable at higher rpms. It just felt roughish, but for some reason the new intake manifold makes it a very rev happy engine. Check out Tousley Ford. They have it for a good price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would suggest at least having 3.73 gears.
I've always wondered about this. how can i tell if i have 3.73 or not? i can't seem to find the info anywhere. i have a 2011 GT 5.0 Premium with Brembo Break Package. Does the BBP mean i also have 3.73 gears?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've always wondered about this. how can i tell if i have 3.73 or not? i can't seem to find the info anywhere. i have a 2011 GT 5.0 Premium with Brembo Break Package. Does the BBP mean i also have 3.73 gears?
Yes, you should have 3.73 with the Brembo's. If you are turning around 2300 rpm at 75 mph then they are 3.73.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, you should have 3.73 with the Brembo's. If you are turning around 2300 rpm at 75 mph then they are 3.73.
yeah that sounds about right. but hey thanks for all the info, i'm glad to have gotten input from someone who actually has this installed already. and thanks even more for that website. it a LOT cheaper there than on AmericanMuscle. like i said earlier, i live in germany, so i want my car to be happy at higher RPMs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also, I have an Airaid. You have to hack up the silicone coupler at the throttle to get it close to the right angle for it to sit right. It seems like the JLT or Steeda intake would fit a little better. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, I have an Airaid. You have to hack up the silicone coupler at the throttle to get it close to the right angle for it to sit right. It seems like the JLT or Steeda intake would fit a little better. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
will do. i had planned on the airaid as well but i wasn't sure if it would fit. in the video i watched on american muscle they used a JLT CAI on the mustang.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Not sure if you have the factory strut tower brace but if you do, it will not fit under the Boss manifold, so add that to your shopping list - you will want one to keep the front end tight while zooming around the Nürburgring. Also, you might want to get the side covers (available from Ford) to keep the look clean. Those are $$, so check it out.

I did not opt for this mod because all the gains are at very high rpm and as others mentioned, you will loose a little bit down low. It does LOOK nice though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure if you have the factory strut tower brace but if you do, it will not fit under the Boss manifold, so add that to your shopping list - you will want one to keep the front end tight while zooming around the Nürburgring. Also, you might want to get the side covers (available from Ford) to keep the look clean. Those are $$, so check it out.

I did not opt for this mod because all the gains are at very high rpm and as others mentioned, you will loose a little bit down low. It does LOOK nice though!
thanks for the advice on the tower brace, i do have the stock brace and didn't know that it won't fit over the BOSS manifold. definitely will want to get a new one of those.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Yeah, for the 11GT all you'll need in terms of parts is a small piece of radiator hose and a couple clamps...This is for the fuel vapor purge valve. Less than $10 in parts at any auto store. OR, you can be a sucker and buy the aforementioned "Kit" that costs an arm and a leg.
That's why we haven't added the kit on. We made it work with literally probably $5 worth of hose clamps & heater hose that we had laying around.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
this looks like something i'd like to install in my 2011 GT, i just wanted to see other people opinion on this though before i decide to purchase it. The link is below. so what does everyone think about this?

Ford Racing BOSS 302 Intake Manifold (11-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
It definitely makes a huge difference at higher RPMs. You can definitely FEEL the difference. It also "smooths out" the powerband, and I feel like the car accelerates smoother throughout the whole powerband. If you've got long tube headers and a cold air intake system to go with it, you'll minimize the low-end losses, and won't notice it. If you throw this on a stock car, it takes some fancy tuning to be able to do the same. If you plan on going F/I, this is the manifold for you! With some cams, N/A, this is still the manifold for you!

We did it without the supplemental kit in about a half hour. However, we had some clamps, hose laying around. Without that stuff, you'll have to have a local auto parts store.

We might still put the supplemental kit up for sale, even though it's not 100% necessary, but recommended.

The JLT air intakes fit with no modification. The Airaid fits, but you have to trim about 1/4" off of each side of the coupler to the throttle body to make it work. Those are the two best performing intakes on the market, so that's what I would recommend.

If you have absolutely any more questions about this intake, feel free to ask. We dove in and experimented like crazy with this intake. We even tuned Jay Tucker from JLT's 2011 remotely with this intake, and he loves the difference it made!

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what you have said it sounds like you actually drive your car. Don't listen to the naysayers that don't have the intake. All they do is look at a dyno graph and say it's not worth it. If you race your car this intake is a must! Since you have a M6, you know that when your running through the gears and shift the rpms never drop below 5K. This is where the intake starts to gain over stock. I installed the intake, JLT cai, BBk LT, o/r X with Bama tune. I purchased everything from American Muscle. They have awesome customer service and very knowledgeable staff. If your military they also have a nice discount!:bigthumbsup The intake install will take you less than an hour. Buy about 2' of 3/8 hose and two hose clamps.
My car is a beast now it's a night and day difference. I put down 389/375 on a mustang dyno 100% stock. I'm hoping I can get it back on the dyno this week. To see how much the car picked up.
The car jumps out of the hole and will go sideways in 4th. The engine revs very fast and the car just keeps pulling. I have been a GM guy all my life. This is my fist Mustang, and I'm very impressed. Coming from my background with F-bodys and Corvettes, I can say with confidence that don't fear any of them. lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
thanks for the advice on the tower brace, i do have the stock brace and didn't know that it won't fit over the BOSS manifold. definitely will want to get a new one of those.
The 2010 GT or the 2011 V6 strut tower brace clears the Boss 302.

Anyone want to sell the GT one let me now. I'm offering 90 shipped unless you want to sell for less. Right now I just put my 500 one on that was on my V6 painted Ford Red along with valve covers. Looks great put would rather have the GT one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 2010 GT or the 2011 V6 strut tower brace clears the Boss 302.

Anyone want to sell the GT one let me now. I'm offering 90 shipped unless you want to sell for less. Right now I just put my 500 one on that was on my V6 painted Ford Red along with valve covers. Looks great put would rather have the GT one.
I'll sell you mine for $100 if you're within a state of Southern kalifornistan(meaning Ariz or Nevada). PM me if you do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts